Cyprichromis sp. jumbo "Kibishi" pics

griffin

Took some photos the other night of our Kibishi - the dominant male is shimmying his lil' heart out trying to impress his girls......no luck for him yet, they are still teasing! Hopefully they'll get the idea soon, as some of them are looking nice and plump.

kibishi5_nov03.jpg

kibishi14_nov03.jpg

The male can turn his stripes on and off in a matter of a second, this pic shows him without the stripes (which are at their strongest when he's very excited)

kibishi12_nov03.jpg

Cheers,

Jess and Julian

Hi Lee,

we have 12 Kibishi, I think we have about 50/50 females to males. At the moment the fish in the photos is dominating the tank completely - he even bites the nose of the dominant male foai he shares his tank with........

Dimis, eh? How did you know we had some? :lol: They're doing well, will have to take some of the males out soon to avoid aggro and to allow the girls to compete a bit better for food etc.

Here's some pics, haven't really got a brilliant shot of him yet (typical Dimi, complete wuss when the pressure's on i.e. me taking photos of him - he goes for cover)

dimi_nov03.jpg

dimi2_nov03.jpg

dimi3_nov03.jpg

Cheers,

Jess and Julian

Hi Jess and Julian,

It’s great to see more pics of your fish. It means that the last lot of photo’s you posted didn’t put a curse on your fish. :lol:

Keep them coming guys. :^:

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments!

Merjo - we use an Olympus c3040z digicam, I use the flash but have the camera on macro setting, it reduces the flash so it's not too harsh and doesn't wash out the colours so much.

Nigel - yes he is one of yours, and he is trying very, very hard to impress those girls, it won't be long I think.

Ben - fingers crossed but I think the curse is broken!!

Cheers,

Jess and Julian

Archived