V.morrii

absolute_vodka01

yep i can help you

Give us more info ..how many u got what size ..tank, tank mates etc

..they form pairs and turn nearly jet black when breeding

FANTASTIC FISH..

Give us more info and will try to help :^:

ok

i have 5 in total. ranging from 4-6cm. one is 10cm and is a female. got her from a mate.

there in a 4x2x2 with other tangs, such as, a.comps, neo burchei, neo trets and a few BN's.... and maybe a pair of L.elongs...

plenty of rock work and hidy spots.

the 4 smaller ones from what i can tell in there behaviour and groth is 2 male and 2 females.... plus the other female.

was going to try for a pair and maybe a trio.....

any tips on if i could down size the tank for a pair or anything else would be great..

adam :):

there in a 4x2x2 with other tangs, such as, a.comps, neo burchei, neo trets and a few BN's.... and maybe a pair of L.elongs...

Hmmmmmm maybe its because all these fish compete for the same spawning sites and V.moori would be at the bottom of the heirachy list even against Bristlenose

They are a secretive spawner similar to N.cylindricus and N.leleupi ..... helmet shells work but thats not saying they won't use anything else they find acceptable

:8 L2H

Yep LINK

seperate them into their own tank lots of rocks caves

give live food and let them settle

this will be a good start

Hi,

I started with a group of 6 juvies and kept removing the "bashed" ones until I had a pair left. They bred on a flat surface that was tucked away amongst heaps of other rocks. Because I wanted to be able to raise the fry seperate from the parents (there were other fish in the tank) I put a shell in there which they used. This way I was able to remove the fry easily. I found that V. moori are quite flighty and don't appreciate quick movement near their tank.

merjo :wub

Hi Adam,

They are in a 3' x 18" x 18" by themselves. There is a lot of rock work with the front cleared for swim space. The female was about 7cm and the male 5cm when they first spawned (well, that I noticed a spawning!!) :p

merjo

• 3 weeks later...

hey thanks for the pic..

last week i was talking to someone in melbourne and some how we got on the topic of V.morrii and his mate breeds them.

now from what he has told me the larger one is by far the better looking of the two and that it is female? is that what you have found with yours?

because i noticed that you have one smaller that the other.

the thing i dont understand is i bought a pair then one jump out over night which was what i thought was a male because he was nice and colourful and agro.

sence then i have bought 4 smaller ones and one that is about 5 cm mark and has taken to the larger one whish is about 10cm. (the one i thought was female) if so would that smaller one be male or female. (if you can understand a thing i have just said)

is there any other people out there that have breed them, and can shed some light on the problem???

thanks adam blink.gif

Hi Adam,

If a group of siblings is allowed to grow up, I have found that the largest one is a female (in every case for me anyway). They will jump out because they are really flighty so try not to put them where people walk past all the time and make sure your lids are well fitting. In all the breeding pairs I have seen, the largest fish is a female.

merjo

Archived