Tumblers

elise007

Hi All,

I was wondering does anyone actually sell items specifically set up or made for egg tumbling?

I am sure i saw them advertised on a webstite somewhere but can't find them again and they were not much more expensive than buying uplift tubes and modifying those and less hassle.

I don't know about your success but i keep breaking the plastic sleeve the clear plastic slots into when i put them together. I know not very skillful so i am looking for ones properly designed that hopefully i wont do that to them and depending on price i will be better off.

So any info let me know please.

Thanks.

Mark

have yo tried makeing your own tumbler? i used a soft drink bottle, upside down , bottom cut off but with a 4cm wide strip extending upwrds that you fold over the edge of the tank and attach with a cloths peg. in the bottom i dril a hole in the lid and put the air stone in,tube sticking through the top. then silicone it in so that the bottom of the airstone is flush with the inside of the neck of bottle so there is no dead spots and its smooth and flat. works a treat. i drill or hot poke holes in the bottle at the bottom and top to allow some water movement in and out,

why do people tumble eggs???? ive never tumbled and i strip all my females sometimes they still have egg sacks attached and all my fish come out fine

Tumblers replicate what happens naturally in the mother's mouth, and are normally used when stripping eggs not fry.

I always let my girls spit, so I never have to tumble. Others prefer to strip the eggs at an earlier stage, and therefore need some way to continue the process which was going on in mum's mouth.

Thanks for the info.

That website for lungy didn't seem to work though.

As for why tumble, sometimes you have fish that won't hold or you strip too early by mistake when you have multiple females holdign in one tank etc.

At least that is why i like to have a few tumblers just in case.

Mark

Archived