CARPBUTCHERS

jaz1986

I am thinking of organising a social carp fishing day somewhere... like maybe norwest business park... or parramatta lakes... All carp could be used for feeders and flesh strips for any fish that have been well trained biggrin.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Is anyone interested?

Thanks

Jared

haha awesome!!! i've never caught carp before, are they much of a fighter?

what bait did u use? day or night?

did u go to the muddy pond with that fountain next to the food court overlooking window?

i went in the afternoon with a chip... just a hot chip... and yeah... just directly below the food court... great stuff I tell you... they are not an extreme fighter... but the big one I caught there gave me a good run on a 4 pound line...!!!

There are also eels that swim around the same area... so you could get some good fighters there?

Jared

is it true that its illegal to put carp back into the water if u catch one??

jared - is it a marshy area? like lots of grass and stuff?

i htought someone put in the carp there for a reason...not so we could go fishing there...hehe

it is illegal to intentionally stock carp into any impoundment other than recirculation or aquarium tanks... so that is a no... they were not released for a reason

and yeah... if you return carp to the water it is up to a $22,000.00 fine

So they are basically defined as noxious pests....

The water does have some weedy areas... but is not all weed...

Jared

If they were really smart... they would let us fish there... until all the carp and eels were gone... and then release somereal fish like bass, perch and cod... and then charge for people to fish there... and then take home their own fish...

laugh.gif

Just dont forget guys if you do go fishing here you need to purchase a fishing permit from most fishing supply shops or shell service stations or also, on the web. Its pretty cheap anyways.

Cheers, Alan.

Archived