small fry travelling

Frosty

got a mate whos moving houses soon and has like 2-300 fry of different types... eletric blues, electric yellows and blue dolphins.. all at like 1cm.. wonder if they will make the 1hr move... any tips on minimizing stress/keeping them alive? haha

@Frosty easiest way is to just bag them up and put in styro boxes

if you don't use square bottom bags remember to tape the corners off so nothing get caught there

couple of drops of prime or stressguard  then use O2 if you have it

more important is the new tanks they go into that the filters are cycled and water is close in parameters

18 hours ago, Link2Hell said:

bag them up and put in styro boxes

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

run portable airpump

I have done this, both with and without air and the fish were fine. Done 8hr, 4 hr, and a few 1-2 hr drives.

They might get cold this time of year in the car, I'd just keep the car heater on to help, fill out boxes gaps with newspaper, make sure boxes cannot fall off car seat if you emergency brake!

Afew drops of Prime may be a great idea, especially if you use oxygen, but I don't think 02 be needed unless there are heaps of fish in the bags. one hour is not too long.

The prep. at the destination beforehand is key. Good luck!