Cleaning calcium/lime build up?

Teamsherman

Hi guys,

I've just taken ownership of a nice 4' tank setup with cabinet and extras which is in great condition and it's an 8mm tank all round so it's a nice quality setup.

My concern is that it has been sitting half full (I'm an optimist ?) for quite some time and has now got a fair bit of what looks like either calcium or lime built up along the top of the tank. I'd like to know what there is that's aquarium safe to dissolve it and clean it all away without too much heavy scrubbing to minimise scratching on the glass.

Would something like bicarbonate or vinegar work diluted in water obviously? Or is there something else that you guys have used for the job before?

Cheers,

Alan.

Citrus acid cleaning agent from bunnings.

Comes in squirting bottles.

Squirt the areas,,,, push sheets of paper towel against areas and squirt the sheet again so it stays saturated and soaked.

Leave a few hours and a kitchen sponge/scourer (green), won't scratch the glass, will come straight of without effort.

Repeat process if needed.

Citrus oil cleaners are organic and never effected my fish ever,,, all I did was towel of with hot water after treatment.

I've used big Kev with even better results without effecting fish also.

Make it crystal new again :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived