Hey all,

Out of the following list who would most like be the culprit/s

1. BN

2. Angel

3. BGK

4. Clown Loaches

5. Gourami

6. Silver Shark

I think its the BN but its seems to be too much chewing for 1 BN.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Andrew

Hi grungefreek,

What type of plants are damaged?

From my point of view, I think the most suspected is your BN! Because BN always drill holes on leaves, especially for those plants that have softer texture like Crypts..As for Angels, they like to nip on plants as well! My previous angels like to nip on plants that have need-like leaves..they destory them all! mad.gif

Ah...Clown loaches won't eat your plants, they just like to up root plants~ laugh.gif and eat snails too!

Hope this help~

Heidi smile.gif

All of the fish you have listed, with the exception of the BGK, will eat your plants. I have seen it for myself...ranging from the swim-by bite (by the shark and gourami) to the bruising and rasping by the bristlenoses. The clowns will "suck" or "pop" pieces out from the centres of the leaves. You should be able to determine who the culprit is by the shape or the type of bite/damage.

HTH.

merjo smile.gif

Hey All,

it seems to be my Anuibus that is most affected! I guess my next question is what do i do about it? I know your all gonna say get rid of them but they are all so nice!

Any other ideas?

Who is the most likely culprit?

Andrew

I have 6 clown loaches about 15cm and 3 adult male & 6 adult female Pepermints 2 pair discus and a heap of cardinal tetras in the same tank, I can't find any plants that don't get eaten.

In another tank I have a stack of younger pepermints and you can grow anything in there.

So I would suggest the Clown Loaches to be the culprits.

Just my experience but hope its helpful

Try throwing a few slices of Zuchini in there. Thats what i did and my gourami were too busy nibbling it to worry my plants. The plants in my tank are fine leaved plants, my swords dont seem to be bothered, so if its your anubias, depding on what type of damage, it probably isnt the gourami.

My guess is the Clown loaches; I never had any problems with my plants with Peps, normal BNs and SAEs (besides tetras). Not long after I added Clown loaches to control snails, my Anubias never had an open bloom, with chewed leaves, the Echinodorus all had holes, the Mi-Oya had rips...

hi yeah i've seen my clown's take big bites out of my plants, when there were snails in the tank , they love snails , get them some and listen for the pop when they get em out POP, they don't stop smiling afterwards.

cheers rob

Archived