My 10 foot tank pics

Awesome tank Rob. What lighting are you using and what is the stock list. I have a perfect spot for a tank that size, but I doubt I would get it past the C&C.

Cheers

Hi Rosco

I'm using the Aqua-Glo flouro bulbs at the moment, going to upgrade in future maybe to LED so I can get a blue moonlight effect aswell.

The red empress is actualy your fry that you took to the auction about a year ago, he's looking good, I need to get a shot of him in full colour.

My wife was a bit daunted at first with the size of the tank, but warmed to it over time.

Hi Michael

Yeah I'm happy with the rock modules, its easier to lift them then the holey rock and still provides plenty of hiding places.

The big Chilotilapia is pretty cool, I got him from the Auction a couple of months ago, he was in the display tank there and got 2nd prize and the only reason he came second was that he wasn't full size. He is from german stock and was from Like's colony. I got him a female from Andrew to breed with.

Here is my current stocking list, happy with it except I want to get one or 2 more Exochochromis females. Both the exos are in great health at the moment and growing quick. I want to focus on those guys.

I some others growing out at the moment like stigmatochromis pleurospilus & Naevochromis Chrysogaster.

This is what is in the big tank at the moment:

Placidochromis Mdoka white lip x 5 (1m, 4f)

Chilotilpaia Rhoadesii pair

Red Empress pair

Exochochromis Anagenys pair

Metriclima Estherae (Puulu Point) x6

Labidochromis Caeruleus (about 20 4cm fry in there)

F1 Cyrtocara Moorii pair from Chris & Kevin (male is awesome and has nice hump developing)

Protomelas Steveni Taiwan Reef x 4 (2m, 2f)

Lethrinops Red cap pair

Regards, Rob

It is good to see the empress boys coloring up like their father he was a cracker. it was a stunning line sadly I moved them on. I am sure I will regret that sooner rather than later.

Hmm it is always best to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Cheers

Rosco

It is good to see the empress boys coloring up like their father he was a cracker. it was a stunning line sadly I moved them on. I am sure I will regret that sooner rather than later.

Hmm it is always best to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Cheers

Rosco

Haha good advice!

The red empress line is still going strong and as a matter of fact the female is holding at present (you can see her holding in the first pic though I chopped off her nose) and some 3-4cm fry are growing out aswell.

Regards, Rob

looks great, good luck catching holding females.

I know what its like , I have trouble catching any thing in my ten footer let alone a holding

female they seem to go out of their way to avoid the net. look forward to future pics .

cheers Mark

Too true, spent many hours trying to catch fish in there.

My currently solution is to use a divider made from gutter guard and pvc pipe.

But I reckon an easier solution would be a large net that fits snugly accross the width. I have seen some great nets used for aquaculture, saving my pennies for one one day.

Awesome looking rock work!!! Grab your self an albino red top zebra... in a tank like that, it will really add a bit of variety :) Also put some cuckoos in there. I loved them in my display tank.

good work on the tank and how you have set it up.

Cheers

Arj

Thanks guys. Yeah any reds/oranged really stand out in the green background modules. The C. Moorii are the best I've seen and some info below. Have taken a few more photos this morning.

Red empress & Red cap. Rosco wondering if your ones were from Lithoman's line originally?

redempressredcap.JPG

The male blue dolphin - his nuchal hump development is outstanding for a fish this size. Also with the new German stock the lips seem more pronounced than the local stock kicking around. I talked to Andrew a while back about it and he said with the barring and features we were pondering a different collection point/satellite lake - only 12cm but already bump coming through nicely.

dolphin1.JPG

Chilo

chilo1.JPG

Regards, Rob

Yep Rob you are close to spot on. I had a mixture of edwins and rendy's (gundam cichlid). It really depended on when you got them. I switched males around a bit so I could get the sub dominant males coloring in up to pick the best of them. I would be able to tell for sure.

Archived