New 6ft Set up

hoody

Hi,

picked up a 6x2x2 with stand for $200. it was a little rough around the edges but with a bit of elbow grease and paint, its come up pretty nice i think.

This scape is not permanent just to get me by until i find somewhere that stocks large blue stone or similar rocks.

i have mbunas and peacocks at the moment but the plan is to have a GCB - WC - F1 peacock tank.

the tank is still cycling so its a little cloudy plus photo was taken on my phone. i also need a larger light the one on it is only a 2ft but money has run out for now.

F9CFDCF2-5009-410A-BD08-0A8342908283_zps

cheers!

thanks rob,

still a work in progress but ill get there soon i hope.

i think next on the fish list is a WC aulonocar sp mamelela. and a 6 foot led.

forgot to mention it has a FX5 for filtration.

Thanks GED, I got some blue stone yesterday I'll put then in this arvo. Just not sure if I have enough.

put some blue stone rocks in, what do you guys think?

this tank has been cycling for 8 or 9 days now with some old media and filter floss in the FX5. i tested the water today nitrate, nitrite and ammonia is 0 think i would be safe now or not?

397_zps63b86357.jpg

395_zpsf45b2bae.jpg

385_zps166f0bef.jpg

the bulb on the 4ft light i think the blue is too strong, but the light is temparary untill i can afford a LED light.

I really like the new aquascape. The angles created by the blue stone are natural.

I the blue tinge to the light is too cold but I like the darker edges to the tank as it accentuates the rock work.

Yeah thanks for the replys! I am really happy with the rock work now, I was aiming for a natural look from a few malawi dive videos I have seen on YouTube.

I put 2 mbuna in there for now, I'll retest next weekend.

That light will have to do for another week or so if the mrs catches me spending any more money on it she will skin me!!! Hahaha.

I am a little worried that the rocks may be a little sharp when the fish 'flash' against them?

Cheers,

Hoody.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. First on the list is a wc aulonocara mamelela. That won't be until after Easter the mrs will have me by the bean bag if I spent any more on it. Hahaha. As I stock with peacocks I will sell off the fish I currently have.

a few more photos last night, i would of taken over 200 and ended up with around a dozen i can use haha..

also picked a new WC yesterday, aulonocara stuartgranti chirwa.

hope you like them. The light i have still washed the color out of photos, if someone has any recomendations on a LED that would be great!

newfish106_zpscbd9a080.jpg

newfish076_zps95b07164.jpg

newfish061_zps272e0cbe.jpg

newfish103_zps75c5de4a.jpg

fishies061_zps489741ea.jpg

fishies088_zpsa23c8df7.jpg

I recently picked up an aquatopia led for my 4x2x2 and it looks pretty good. It is very blue although it is a 2:1 ratio for white and blue. So I wouldn't recommend it as the only light you use. I have a double t8 with cool white led replacement tubes in it on the same tank and that gives some serious light output. I reckon I could replace that double t8 light with an aquatopia pure white light and not notice to much difference they are bright.

Cheers

Rosco

put some blue stone rocks in, what do you guys think?

this tank has been cycling for 8 or 9 days now with some old media and filter floss in the FX5. i tested the water today nitrate, nitrite and ammonia is 0 think i would be safe now or not?

397_zps63b86357.jpg

395_zpsf45b2bae.jpg

385_zps166f0bef.jpgw

man they look amazing. i have been looking for some decent rocks for my scape and i was going to go for something simular where did you get these from????

Man they look amazing. i have been looking for some decent rocks for my scape and i was going to go for something simular where did you get these from????

any land scape type places can get these its not uncommon. they are building a new road new my work and jack hammered all of these up, didnt think they would miss these hahaha. they are just regular blue stone.

Archived