who is currently keeping shell dwellers?

daveho

hey guys,

just interested to see whos got shellies in there collection, please tell us what you have.

i have a newish colony of neolamprologus multifasciatus that have just produced there first fry

i am keeping shell dwellers and i have

gold occies

neolamprologus multifasciatus

neolamprologus caudopunctatus

neolamprologus leleupi orange

and i also have lepidiolamprologus attendus which isnt a shell dweller but is pretty close

Is anyone keeping/breeding Lamprologus signatus?

Haven't seen them around on the forums for a while. It would be a shame to see these disappear in Australia...

i may end up with a spare 20g any recomendatons?

I'd recommend the signatus.

Cheers

Joel

signatus males can be VERY aggressive ...Ive had no luck keeping them in smaller tanks but they do well in bigger tanks ie 3footers

Yep, I used to keep and breed a few pairs in their own 3 foot tanks with alot of success.

I didn't find any aggression from the male, however, they were the only the two fish in the tank...

how many golds would u guys recomend for a 20g

I would recommend a pair only. Once they start breeding they will become very aggressive to anything else in the tank.

Cheers

I'm keeping a shell dweller called neolamprologus kungweensis

These are not often available so it great to hear that you have them. A number of people have been searching for them in recent times. Mike (Seacow) was looking for them but couldn't find any earlier in the year.

Scientifically the accepted name is Lamprologus kungweensis and Neolamprologus kungweensis is a synonym but they need to officially be renamed. The species is referred to as exLamprologus or "Lamprologus" kungweensis as it doesn't fit the characteristics of a true Lamprologus. The exLamprologus or "Lamprologus" names are not proper nomenclature, but an attempt to identify those species that should not be named Lamprologus.

hi guys.

the only reason i used the name "neolamprologus" kungweensis is because there is much for information, better pictures and videos of these fish under that name for people who dont know much about shelly's and in particular the kungweensis...... but when i got these guys they went under the name of what Ged was explaining as "lamprologus" kungweensis.....

Archived