cyno. hai reef yellow top

markfnq

P1070567640x425_zps61d447ec.jpg

nice fish bad pics. mean as hell these little critters

but they like to put a show on for their girls. real chameleons these guys! anything from dark blue to

almost white when after the females . cheers mark.

P1070489640x317_zps486b5791.jpg

P1070500640x425_zpse82ac71c.jpg

same fish with his blue dress on .

P1070951640x360_zpse8720bfc.jpg

elongatus chewere little stud this guy every female in the pic is holding ! dont know where he gets

the energy ! oh to be young again , those were the days :lol5: cheers mark

P1060726640x480_zpsfb0aadd8.jpg

Hi Mark I've been breeding Chewere for 5-6 years and have only ever had one mouthfull every 2 -3 months on average no mater what ratio m-f or age so

you are one lucky lad

If you ever send some to Sydney I would like to freshen up my blood lines and vice a versa my brother in Cairns is due a visit

By the way he is a cracker juvi male in my opinion Chewere are at the best at this age or younger .A tankfull of yellows and chewere fry with morning sun light is a real time waster .

Do you get many females with colour I've stripped a few not so many lately ?

Neil

They look great. I have some of Neil's fry and they are specular. The first mouthful I had was around 15 but I didn't check integrity of the fry saver and they all escaped and became a tasty snack. :(

hi,

recently stripped the females not big mouthfulls as they are fairly young.

there are a couple of nice dark females in the group one in particular is a standout.

should of kept her fry separate.

i can relate to the fry saver disaster rosco !

in a recent black out lost a fair few fry !

fry savers attached to tanks with suction cups to stop them drifting around as the water dropped in the system they hung down.... fry entree !

as well it set off some holding females to spit loosing them too ! i was too busy sorting the geni out to notice.

i now have them atttched with a short length of fishing line so they can rise and fall in the future. !!

cheers mark

P1090047_zps72daa3f9.jpg

Hi

I can relate to the fry saver woes they should have another name like fry take away

Neil

• 1 month later...

managed a nice shot of one of the males . i just use high speed burst on my little lumix and pick the nicest shots.

hard fish to get a good pic of they dont stay still for long enough !

thanks mark

sP1090639640x466_zps6ad4286c.jpg

Fantastic photo Mark.

A great example that shows why they are called Cynotilapia which is Latin for "dog-tilapia" and refers to the shape of their teeth. Cynotilapia possess conical (unicuspid) teeth.

Archived