Quiet air pumps?

Sloory

i need one dual outlet to run 2 sponge filters in a 2 foot fry tank.

plus i need another one which will run 4 sponge filters in spitting/quarantine tanks.

these 2 foot tanks are underneath display tanks in my family room which is why they need to be quiet.

What size for fish room set up or indoor display setup ?

Cheers

My tanks are in the lounge and living room hence the need for a quieter unit.

I only need to run a couple of large sponge filters on one unit.

Eiheim I have used quiet but broke down twice

There is a German brand forgot name will let you know once I get to my fish room also very quiet

any idea what it is yet mate?

no worries Darren

if you going to buy eheim airpump then you might as well spend ur hard earn cash with an AquaOne or some Chinese made airpump

Quiet doesnt mean the best

Quiet and reliable is what you need

Pump and filtration is the engine of your tank

If you can afford the best then you should go for the best ...always consider the cost of replacing your beloved pets vs the equipment you use.

Eheim make AWESOME canisters but ABSOLUTE CRAP airpump --> i have seen many,...yeb that's right many!

Schego air pumps are quite, reliable, long lasting, belt out the air (dependant on which capacity pump you choose) and are VERY cheap to run. They can also punch down to a considerable depth, M2K3 for example can pump to a meter and belt out the air from a 10" air stone at that depth.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=schego+air+pump&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=G0VnUbiBLsWViQfOoIGADg&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=843

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently trialling the new range from Fluval called the Q2 air pump. There are three in the series of air pump with adjustable flow dials.

The one I have got is a single outlet pump that can be linked to a gang valve. I dont think its powerful enough to drive the 7 air stones it has pictured on the branding.

Special features are double walled construction and a noise suppressing baffle.The pump has a large volume due to this.

It runs an aquarium in our bedroom and is fantastically quiet. Im well impressed with performance. It definitely wasn't the cheapest option.I think retail it was NZD100

Yeah that's a good offer Firthy! They retail for about $80. Hey Dazz I am not sure but I am easily running 4 sponge filters With both outlets split in two! The other thing you need to remember is that they are only using 5w power, So if they get old and ratterly you can replace them and probably still be in front with saving power compared to buying some chinese champion.

Archived