Quiet air pumps?

Sloory

if you going to buy eheim airpump then you might as well spend ur hard earn cash with an AquaOne or some Chinese made air pump

Eheim make AWESOME canisters but ABSOLUTE CRAP airpump --> i have seen many,...yeb that's right many!

Look very carefully for the small print on the Eheim box. Made in PRC. :angry:

Sent mine back. Expensive model that couldn't even run an airstone if only one airline connected (dual outlet model.)

IME AquaOne 9500 loses power and becomes noisy after a while. Might try Schego next time.

jmo, Dave

• 3 months later...

I ended up following Mitch's advise and bought a Ehiem 400. It's a flow adjustable dual outlet model that came with a length of hose and 2 adjustable air stones. Currently I have one outlet set on full easily running 2 sponge filters and 1 of the adjustable air stones (with a check valve for each). The other outlet is set on low and running 4 open ended hoses that are hidden within my 3d background.
when I get around to installing the other spitting tank both outlets will be running 2 sponge filters and an adjustable airstone each. To ensure it is quite I followed myster619's advise and installed it by hanging it from a screw on the back top rail of my tank stand. As it stands it's so far so good, i'm very happy with it and hope it shows longevity.

Archived