K1 Filter Media

YAM

Been using about 30 litres of k1 now on one system, running 1400 litres of water for six weeks now heavly stocked.one word unbelievable.

Ged it's hard to say as it was plumbed into an existing system of jap mat thats bio load was getting way to much week 5 to 6 the water is almost perfect. I was doing 4 water changes a week . One hour after feeding the water would cloud from the fish waste now its spotless.

Chuin it's gravity feed from the tank above into a 80 litre tall bucket approx 14 by 12 inches by 36 ish .2 air stones.The stand pipe is feeding 1 inch from the bottom which runs back 1 inch under the incoming pipe back into the tank below then into the jap mat filter along side of it.only one third of the systems water is passing through this and it's working a threat.

This is the manufacturers website in the UK :

http://evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/Kaldnes_K1_Media.html

My nexus filter, also manufactured in the UK by evolution aqua, was designed to use K1 media and I have been using it for 3 years now with extremely good results. I believe you can buy evolution aqua products from Ben at Age of Aquariums, an ACE sponsor.

Cheers, Doug

I only breed Tropheous mainly my filtration I use fx5 full of substrate pro and wool and noodles

Eg tank 460 lt stock 50 trophs wild caught lufubu

Water change 25 percent per week

Water crystal clear on day of water change

Ammonia 0

Nitrate0

Nitrate 0.4

Nothing in my opinion can beat eheim media

Jamesmac i have about 50 fish on the average in 240 ltr tanks times 9 with about 36 litres of k1 and a 3ft by 18 by 18 in jap mat sump the fish are 5 to 6 in long. crystal clear.I read somewhere the aquaculture record was 170kg of fish per 1000 litres

Archived