Could my Salousi have killed my cories

Kartoon

Hey All

Just wanted to ask if this was at all possible. I had these 2 corries in a tank with suckers. I had moved them to my salousi tank to clean up some of the uneaten food. One died shortly after and the second died like 2 months later. When i took them out they looked eaten and I don’t know if that happened before they died or if they got picked apart post mortem. I have 14 Salousi in that tank. Could they have ganged up on them?

I had 2 corries in my first African tank and they only lasted a week, thanks to the guy at aquarium told me they would be fine, I also asked later on why and was told they do better in larger groups and preferably not with aggressive Africans too!!

I would say they could have, but because they died so far apart I would say they didnt this time. The Cories probably got eaten after they died.

they were 2 corydoras julii. I have lot of hiding holes in that tank. Just hate losing fish. I have some bristle nose growing out in another tank that is run on the same sump. At what size would it be safe to put some in with the salousi as a clean up crew?

Archived