Tropheops sp. Black

yanke

hi

i am looking for some info. on

Tropheops sp. Black

can't find much at all

i got 10 back about 8 month to 1yr ago and the male are jet black with a little yellow around the ends of the fins and tail (nice looking fish)

but i can't find out what the female looks like i have some that have yellow and black together i am thinking that they are the females

any info will be a big help as i hope to get some fry out of them

thanks yanke (paul)

Hi Paul

Yes I have then too mate they are nice fish the males can get a bit agro Females are yellow in colour but not a real bright yellow

I got mine from Grant Parkes HE MIGHT BE A GOOD BLOKE TO GET MORE INFO OFF

Cheers

Craig

II have not seen them in the flesh but I thought that the females are dark and can show barring and the males are mauve and yellow/orange lower part of the head and body.

The females don't like other females and will be quite aggressive towards each other. In the lake females are not found together but singularly.

Anyone got photos?

Hi,

The males go jet black, and mine have purple on the back of their dorsal and through the tail under good lighting.

Females are yello'ish, do tend to have a bit of black through their bodies. They are certainly not a full, clean bright yellow, like electric yellows. They get a nice thick black band through their dorsal. Females look like sub dominate males...

Very nice fish. i couldn't find any pics or info back when I was doing a search for them. If you can get pics, I would post on an internaltional forum.

Cheers

Grant

Archived