the big auction night

robfishfan

the prizes for the first raffle

the lots just before , we started , and the rest are out the back

ah the pies and sausage rolls , and lamingtions , and trade table with the fish food

and the business of selling fish , thanks to all the commit y for a another great day night . and to the empty bag of water with no fish ?

not sure how many lots , around 400 something ,

There was 469 lots in total.

aaahhhhh.. those auctions!!! I've been to a few in Sydney.. those were the days I had time to drive to Sydney for the weekend, attend the auction, catchup with fellow fish keepers over a beer and drive back and drop off fish to other people on the way home!! :lol2: One trip back to melb, I had the car full with fish and took nearly 15hrs drive as my cuz wanted to drop in at the Koi farm... luckly the highway or state patrol officer only knew them as gold fish!

Hi, My First post :)

New to fish & the huge Cichlid Family and just love it!

I went to the above auction and had a laugh of the empty bag that was supposed to have fish in it!! Probably the best time too as the prices were really good for a change, except some of the "L" species and cuckoo's

Anyways,

I picked up a nice bag of Julidochromis Regani (said to have German Parent) should that really matter is this a better breed?

Have you got some more pictures, I am sure I am in one of them, I saw one being taken which had the crowd on the other side (right side when looking at the state)

Cheers

Kosti

Archived