solar power

fishinf

i also upgraded my switch board , that cost me another $2000..... i know a bloke on the electricity company , he told me that it pays to upgrade because the poor connection in the box can cost you hundreds of dollars a year.

also i wanted all RCD's for safety reasons

I had Solar obsession come around on the weekend and they quoted me $8670 for a 3KW installed using 12x 250W ULICA (3rd best brand) Mono panels and a 3kw sunny boy inverter; after $3472 worth of rebate. The rebate is calculated by STC's (carbon certs) which you get cause of green energy. You sell them straight back to solar obsession for $28ea or you can put em up on a site and try and get $40 for em.

But check this out, I contacted an old school mate that's a qualified electrician. He's been into solar systems for the past 3 years and reckons he could get me 1.5KW worth of panels for $500! thats around 1 Unica panel that I had been quoted. The only thing is i've got to try and get him or his whole family to come up from Sydney to install them for me.

I had Solar obsession come around on the weekend and they quoted me $8670 for a 3KW installed using 12x 250W ULICA (3rd best brand) Mono panels and a 3kw sunny boy inverter; after $3472 worth of rebate. The rebate is calculated by STC's (carbon certs) which you get cause of green energy. You sell them straight back to solar obsession for $28ea or you can put em up on a site and try and get $40 for em.

But check this out, I contacted an old school mate that's a qualified electrician. He's been into solar systems for the past 3 years and reckons he could get me 1.5KW worth of panels for $500! thats around 1 Unica panel that I had been quoted. The only thing is i've got to try and get him or his whole family to come up from Sydney to install them for me.

awesome , i'm thinking down the track i may get a stand alone system just for my fish room...and have it so i can switch it back to mains power when the sun is not very strong.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are better doing back to grid, the feed in tarrifs have gone down dramatically but still offer better returns than you save per KW used. The reduction in your bill should be better than the saving of using or battery banking the power generated.

I would be worried about having large batteries on my property as stand alone systems have to store the electricity for later use not feed straight into a room. there are devices than run straight power from solar but performance rises and falls with the amount of sun in the sky.

Cheers Couchy

• 1 month later...

Who did your solar install mofo and what panels?

John

Sorry mate.

I brought the system throgh Solar 2000. Sunny boy inverter & not to sure on the pannels. Got our 1st bill a few weeks back. The system was running for 2 months out of the 3. We got no bill & a $529.00 credit.

Archived