Cichla pond

masone

Some pics from the pool, have one batch of fry being herded around already, the other pair got chased off their spawning site by the parents so will see if they get a chance over the next few months.

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

Other inhabitants include some tarpon, a couple of flagtails and this pair

gars.jpg

WOW is all i can say. That is one amazing set up, the advantage of living in the tropics. Thanks heaps for sharing mate im blown away lol

Was going to catch a few feral O's from down the raod this arvo but decided to let the pbass do their thing for a bit before adding anything else. Did throw in a pair of honeycomb plecos and a snow king pleco for algae patrol though.

i dont know how you resist from throwing a line in with a little popper on the end. awesome!

Seriously tempted, watching the bass and tarpon nail swordtails that overflow from the other pond, I can't help but think of them smashing a lure! I want to throw some silver aros in too, just waiting to see if any juvies turn up this year. I reckon a trio of silvers and some rays would round it out nicely.

Sure thing Chris, just give us a hoy. Can go fishing for feral O's as well.

Hmmm, would love a tip on where to pick up some 'wild' oscars on my next trip. I have friends around there and pop up a couple of times a year.

I'd definitely fish in the pool - although in all likelihood I'd throw hookless poppers and just watch them nail them without hurting them.

Holla when you are up ducksta, can go oscar fishing. Another batch of eggs this arvo, seems the second pair sttled on one of the pots. Ripped all the plants out and laid around the rim....this could get very interesting. One more pair to go.

Hiya Masone - just thought since you seem like you might be a bit of a fisho, and living in Cairns, you might be interested in a petition to remove gill nets from Tin Can Bay.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/work-of-assembly/petitions/e-petition?PetNum=1803

Unfortunately you need to be a QLD resident to sign it so I can't.

Hiya Masone - just thought since you seem like you might be a bit of a fisho, and living in Cairns, you might be interested in a petition to remove gill nets from Tin Can Bay.

http://www.parliamen...ion?PetNum=1803

Unfortunately you need to be a QLD resident to sign it so I can't.

Tin Can Bay is a loooong way from Cairns. Luckily that petition is for Trinity Bay which is here :happy:

Nice pond

I keep electric yellows ,hongi and livingstonii in a pond down here In newcastle

They slow up a bit in the winter but still handle alright

Would love to have a pond that didn't get to cold i'd have some monsters in there lol

Thanks for sharing mate

Archived