cyprichromis holding?

Mbuna

I've seen them get busy at quite a young age, and have seen them hold at the 5cm mark. Usually i am able to start to pick the males at that stage, there is usually some colour, though not much. Have you noticed any other behaviour that would start to identify the males, territorial behaviour, aggressivley chasing other fish away etc?

In any case just be happy you've got some breeders...Just be prepared they may not hold full term, as there still new at this! they're great fish cyps, so enjoy!

Males can go pale quite easily so it may not be noticed unless you sit around and watch them all day. Note

that the new born fry really need to be fed alot otherwise they will waste away...just learnt that from experience.

Also the food needs to be small (crushed spectrum growth is very good if you can isolate them).

John

cheers spyder and john, there are a couple of males i can see with slight blue tinges in fins and ocelli in the dorsal. i figured one of these is colouring up when im at work during the day and doing the dance... i have watched them for a fair while and these males dont interact any differently to the rest...

cheers

Harry

Archived