Is this a male or female?

aymenz

Hi Guys,

I have this Red Rubin Peacock which started showing some blue on the head as well as on fins and tails as it can be seen in the pictures below, does this mean it is a male?

I have 2 other definite males who are always fighting for dominance in the tank but they are well colored with the Yellow/orange on the body and blue face...

I also have another one the same as the one in the question and it is showing a bit of blue and yellow near the Head, does it also mean it is a male?

I vent sexed them to be sure and all I could find is oo.

I'll leave you with the pics for now:

img0212ur.jpg

img0213hs.jpg

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Aymen

Thx male for the help, now I know what to keep, as I have 2 definite females, and now 3 definite males after identifying this one, and one unknow.

I may need to take a photo of the 2nd one and post it for help.

definate male... females don't have a blue face and bodies are grey to a dull maroon depending what species of Auloncora.

but the sex rule is oo male / oO female... Works 100% and you can do it from 5cm+ and smaller with magnify glass.

definate male... females don't have a blue face and bodies are grey to a dull maroon depending what species of Auloncora.

but the sex rule is oo male / oO female... Works 100% and you can do it from 5cm+ and smaller with magnify glass.

I have mistaken a female red shoulder peacock, because some have a red flush on the side... I kept waiting for the blue to kick in.... then it was holding. I have never seen a female peacock with even a touch of blue.

Sold it, and the buyer was very amazed by its colors when it was introduced to his display tank.

Good luck to the buyer.

I have mistaken a female red shoulder peacock, because some have a red flush on the side... I kept waiting for the blue to kick in.... then it was holding. I have never seen a female peacock with even a touch of blue.

I have one female peacock that has a slight blue tinge to it, started to pair off with my male electric blue untill he jumped out of the tank ..... 0.o

Archived