6x2 3D Background

Willo

Willo

you will need to make a decission on wether you want the Frontosa or the Jurapari

as they like water at opposite ends of the parameter spectrum

high in pH and the Jurapari will suffer to low and the Frontosa will suffer

Chris

Willo

you will need to make a decission on wether you want the Frontosa or the Jurapari

as they like water at opposite ends of the parameter spectrum

high in pH and the Jurapari will suffer to low and the Frontosa will suffer

Chris

Although I accept in the long term i may need to make a decision to remove the frontosa in the future, i was going to make that decision based on the aggression in the tank, and the frontosa's inability to defend itself against the JD, GD etc.

I have always been of the belief that PH in a tank is not as important with tank raised cichlids, and as such have always kept a neutral PH whether it be Africans in the past, or Americans as I'm now looking at. This is my understanding anyway, and I'm happy for other in the community with much more knowledge than I to set me straight.

Cheers,

Willo

As a follow up to my issue, it seems my issue is oxygen in the tank. I removed the two airlines from the powerheads (not powered airlines - just out of the water if that makes sense) and turned off the airpump and the debris floating in the water mostly dissipates. As soon as the airstones are on again the 'debris' returns with a vengence. I'm guessing having more than 10x the water flowing through the sump and a couple of powerheads is creating a bit of turbulence.

This doesnt negate the fact i was probably overfeeding, but i don't think that was the cause of debris.

Thanks for the ideas.

Willo.

Hey mate

What I do is have an air pump on in my tank but put the airstone up top near the surface. This allows the surface water to be broken thus creating oxygen. This wont stir up any debris or create any distraction for the fish in your tank.

Archived