Advise needed

cooder

Hello,

The situation is, i have ordered 2 julidochromis ornatus at 3-4cm and they are expected to arrive on tuesday the 19th. I have 2 paired up brichardi and three lemon cichlids in a four foot tank. Running at 8.5 Ph with plenty of rocky caves. (though mostly taken up by the brichardi)

Any tips to ensure there survival?

They should be fine. I wouldn't worry about adding them personally but for peace of mind add them at night after lights out, a few hours after feeding time and observe carefully got several hours for any aggressive behavior. If they are attacked re arrange the rockwork to disturb any territories.

When adding new fish to an established cichlid tank I always found it useful to remove all the rocks and other decorations then add the fish.None of them has a territory and its equal footing when you put the rocks back(in a day or so)

Ok ill try your suggestions, thanks. Its a bit hard for me to take ALL the rocks out because the main stack is pretty large, and i also dont want to break up the pair... but ill try and see what happens.

Cody

My julies came this morning and even though i wasnt here to supervise the release, all went well!

I moved rocks and added some and they seem to be unharmed and happy! one is about 2 cm long and the other is round 3

Cooder

Yeah it could just about fit in the dominant Lemons mouth! I havnt seen any aggression towards it yet, and they dont view it as food, coz they are too well fed!! :B

3cm one is starting to get some colour back...

Cooder

Archived