Gold Ocellatus

cooder

As you guys probably know, ive been on the search for gold occies in queensland for a long time. every Australian website that sells cichlids, that ive seen, havnt got any. all Pet stores or aquariums, that ive seen, havnt got them. the only place ive seen them is in Beenleigh (brisbane) and there was only two or three bad-quality- looking specimens. <_<

Would any of you know where i can get them or who stocks and ships them? Any one selling?

Cooder

thanks yanke, Which shane is it? there is quite a few shanes their!

Ill PM shelly...

Thanks,

Cody

The ones at beenleigh were skinny (gold occies are usually have roundish bellies) and the colours were dark, they didnt have the typical gold colour, and there was no fluro purple/pink flecks on their bellies. fins were damaged and dark. dark mouth area. in fish with prominent stripes the stripes often look like there bleeding together.

HTH

thanks for the additional info yanke!

Cody

WA also has none, seen em on bayfish but the wholesale price was $30+ !! and u can never trust the quality from bay either!

i had some nice ones breeding, but eventually it seems the male will reject the females and demand new ones! so im growing up some of the fry to give him the tasmania experience lol

• 2 weeks later...

As you guys probably know, ive been on the search for gold occies in queensland for a long time. every Australian website that sells cichlids, that ive seen, havnt got any. all Pet stores or aquariums, that ive seen, havnt got them. the only place ive seen them is in Beenleigh (brisbane) and there was only two or three bad-quality- looking specimens. <_<

Would any of you know where i can get them or who stocks and ships them? Any one selling?

Cooder

Can get these in but have only 2 large males advailble noe

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Topogigio but i dont think ill be going to melbourne anytime soon. what stores sell them? and at what price? i would say fearfully expensive for a w/c for that species. any contacts please?

Cooder

the 4 lots from Saturdays NSWCS meeting went for $20 - $22 a lot and the lots were a bag of 2 pairs

2.5 cm F and 3.5 cm M and nice quality fish

Chris

yeap well said im always seening them up for action

hope you got them by now

unfortuntley i can get to any of those auctions because i live in CQ. if i could i would already have them.

if i could organise with someone to buy some at the auction then pay them back and have them sent up that would be great!

Cooder

unfortuntley i can get to any of those auctions because i live in CQ. if i could i would already have them.

if i could organise with someone to buy some at the auction then pay them back and have them sent up that would be great!

Cooder

country Queensland :zipit:

im thinking you need to find some one who is getting a shipment sent upthat can ship for you

even better im thinking the guy who keeps bringing them to the auction should send them up !

even more so now that the auction is not on for the next 2 months

Archived