The Magic Tank

CThompson

Anubias nana "petite"...

great looking plant mate.

It was the sole reason I set this tank up, and the only plant I kept from my "old" Planted tank. I kept abit of bolbitis as well but the petite has to be and has been for years my favourite plant. Originaly purchased around 15 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice Craig

are the rainbows Goyder Trifasciata

Chris

Just the common old, but fantastically coloured (provided the light hits them from the side) Melanotaenia praecox rainbow.

I took the above three shots with no flash to try and capture the magic green glowing-like illumination that the tank puts out when it is dark and the room lights are out. The photos don't really show this light, but show the tank better than using a flash, but no flash = poor praecox colours.

The Goyder Trifasciata get to about 15cm and are a bit large for a 100 l octagon. Praecox are perfect size wise and their metallic bright sky blue is hard to go past.

I don't run air in this tank as a permanent fixture, and this limits the number of fish greatly. Nevertheless, with just 7 small fish I am surprised that they get to breath hard at times, I would have thought with the tank's footprint there would be enough surface area for decent O2 exchange.

nice shots Craig. I have some young praecox in my planted (well beard algae) tank and I love them. I plan to get more in there once my room is setup and I can move some of the other rainbows into fishroom tanks

• 1 month later...

Blue Green Algae

06-12-10 - Red Slime Eradicator was added to tank

IPB Image

8-12-10 2nd dose was added as no great if any change was noted from above shot.

IPB Image

third dose, increased, was added on 10-12-10, increased dosage by 1/3

14-12-10 BG is being affected. You can see the sheets hanging off the back wall of tank :woohoo:

IPB Image

A few shots of the fish;

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Archived