Tropheus

adam1

Hi guys now i have never heard of this but dose anyone know of Ikolas breeding with moliros. I was catching some fish to sell when i noticed a couple of babies with the moliro colouring and strips but i only have a single moliro. So am i miss interpreting the babies colours or have they actually breed together.

Let me know if it happens

cheers

adam

If i find the link i will post it here, but there is a photo on the tropheus fanatics site that shows similar crossbreeding. It comes down to a case of "any ship in a port will do" if there is no other alternative. If there was a reasonable number of both varieties in your tank then they are less likely to crossbreed.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys now i have never heard of this but dose anyone know of Ikolas breeding with moliros. I was catching some fish to sell when i noticed a couple of babies with the moliro colouring and strips but i only have a single moliro. So am i miss interpreting the babies colours or have they actually breed together.

Let me know if it happens

cheers

adam

You mix the fish like that - that's what you get...

I have numbers of K1, RR and Duboisi all together for years- never even a hint of an issue, but if I put a single of moorii or Sp. black of a different type, and I'd be surprised if I didn't end up the same as you.

Archived