New kids on the block, black calvus juvies

Priscacara

G'day, I'd like to thank all those that helped me get these little guys with advice and opinions. Chris got me the link to the breeder, Craig put up with my ramblings and provided great info and advice, others gave input on their experiences.................just more examples of a great bunch on the forums! Thanks also to Barrie at Ballarat who supplied the fish and showed me my first live fish room :lol4:

The kids are settling in quickly and are already at the front of the tank a lot checking me out.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers, Les.

Haha I notice with alot of your posts that you pick up on the human like expressions of fish

Yep your right, I do tend to do it a lot even though I know the expressions or looks are just from my imagination :-) . In the case of my cat though, his expressions are about the same as peoples .................oddly his usual one is "disturb me again and I'll tear you a new one" ................. bbs, got to go wake the cat! :_p

Hi Les,

Looks like the fry have settled in well. All looking very comfortable and displaying good colour in their new home. Enjoy the fish as they mature, remember they are slow growers....... thanks for the sale

Barrie

Here's a full shot Craig, there are 23 calvus and 4 saulosi in there at the moment. The saulosi will be moving on when big enough and 10 of the calvus will be moved to their own tank asap. Once I have the 10 moved I plan on putting in some rounded river rocks to give more hiding spots if they need them.

IPB Image

Archived