Julidichromis reganni juvie pic

Priscacara

I was trying to get some pics of my C.leptosoma juvies but they just wouldnt stay still long enough but I managed to get a pic of one of the J. reganni. Nothing too flash but thought I'd share :)

IPB Image

I was trying to get some pics of my C.leptosoma juvies but they just wouldnt stay still long enough but I managed to get a pic of one of the J. reganni. Nothing too flash but thought I'd share :)

IPB Image

top pic i really like these guys and the C.leptosoma

your coral substrate is very fine :thumb and clean :thumbup:

thanks for sharering

Nice pic mate, how big are they? Does broken lines along the body indicate they are juvies? I have 5 in my 4ft, they range from 4cm to 8cm and all have unbroken lines. They get along well with my F1 chalinochromis ndobhoi which I got from Laurie (nice bloke) last Sat.

Tx for the comments, this is the 3rd type of Julie I'm keeping (not in the same tank) they are always nice and active although a bit shy at times. Not sure on the adult look of them with the broken lines, this one is about 5cm.

Nice photo

Does broken lines along the body indicate they are juvies? .

In my experience the fry look like the parents when it comes lines and they don't change over time. So it is not age dependant.

Don't consider myself an expert, and though I know they come from different localities, this doesn’t look like any regani I have seen.

Perhaps others can comment on this who know more about the regani varieties?

These were sold as Julidachromis Regani with a caveat that source is not 100%certain. Obviously not juvies but one is still small. I like the fish. both of mine have more continuous lines and more yellow. I know nothing about the species but am posting to see what other info people have and promote information sharing.

Pics were taken with iPhone4.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Tx guys I'll take the pic to the shop next time I go just in case I got the name wrong. I had a look on google pics and there were a few like mine with broken bars but that doesnt mean its the right name for them.

Archived