WHERE DO YOU PUT YOUR HEATER

M.H

Doesn't matter where you put the heater, as long as its under water, most people put it in the sump so its out of sight.

Thanks Mark~

I run mine in tank (plastic sump) my mate runs them in sump (Glass sump). Its all the same i think, just personal preferance. In sump is neater overall but i dont feel comfortable with a heating element near the plastic.

Glass sump.

2000 litre tank.

400 litre sump

American cichlids like to move and push things around.

They are renowned for breaking heaters.

It is safer and better looking in the sump in my opinion.

Lol, trust someone to point that out.

Cheers Mark~

Just not where the sun don't shine.

so its out of sight.

Thanks Mark~

Some sumps run 10 tanks?. So one heater in the sump heats all tanks. Cost is a lot cheaper but you may need more than one heater. For a sump on one tank I would do as Dave says with heater in the sump.You may need to set it higher than if it was in the tank.

Caps is considered shouting, use lower case, mate

I think it would be more economic and stable to run multiple large heaters rather than turn the temp up and down. Another option is the inline heaters where water flows through the heater.

Some sumps run 10 tanks?. So one heater in the sump heats all tanks. Cost is a lot cheaper but you may need more than one heater. For a sump on one tank I would do as Dave says with heater in the sump.You may need to set it higher than if it was in the tank.

Caps is considered shouting, use lower case, mate

cpfc what i mean is the sump temp needs to be higher that what you want in your tanks. If your running 1/2 heaters in a sump your going to have the same temp in all tanks. Not the best if you have differant types of fish that need lower or highter temps. The cheapest way is good insulation = less heater's needed & cheaper.I only have a heater on in my fish room in winter. No need at other times as it stays at 24+, but never over 28dec even on 40deg days.???

Too right. If I ever build a fish room I will invest heavily in insulation.

First I have to offload job, wife and kids;) $1 per cm.

cpfc what i mean is the sump temp needs to be higher that what you want in your tanks. If your running 1/2 heaters in a sump your going to have the same temp in all tanks. Not the best if you have differant types of fish that need lower or highter temps. The cheapest way is good insulation = less heater's needed & cheaper.I only have a heater on in my fish room in winter. No need at other times as it stays at 24+, but never over 28dec even on 40deg days.???

Archived