New nigripinnis Tank

Pilly

This is one of the newest setup nigripinnis tanks. The other, for the albinos is still a work in progress as i have run out of rocks so they are in together for a few days.

Please pardon the algae as i have only just noticed the scum layer in the piccies. The scaleing is also unremovable so maybe a proper background at some stage.

My camera is still shooting quite yellow. :(

The largest rock to the right is 36cms high for size comparison.

From this...

IPB Image

To this...

IPB Image

Albinos, these are dead sexy fish.

IPB Image

Normal. Still not up to colour as they havent been in there long.

IPB Image

Nice setups and verey nice looking fish! I've just set up a 3 foot tank and one of the suggestions was for those guys, I'm going with C. leptosoma but if I change out any of my tanks these guys will be top of the list. Tx for posting, love seeing other peoples fish.

Good photos - what kind of camera did you use?

I have a 2ft tank that I keep nigrippines in - they are all very happy and breed constantly and because they are the only species there, I let them spit their fry and grow them up in the same tank. They are great parents.

This is a temp set up as I want to get a wider and higher tank, paint the back of the tank blue and also add some plants as well as the tall rocks. This is to give them more room and also so I can see the fullness of their colour.

The only thing is that I am concerned about moving them incase it upsets them breeding.

Thanks for sharing.

Ah Tootie, nig's in a 2fter breeding! you have the touch but I would not do it under a 3fter for the fishes sake.

But each to there own.

My tip, move the adults and leave the fry in the 2 fter, they would love some more room and most likely bred more.

The camera is just a fujifilm s1000 a cheapy, as my mother broke my good one :cryblow: Never lend your electrical/technical appliances to your parents!

Still better photo than I can manage. Look like lger fish are breeding size and sign's? They are one nice fish. Do leps/nigs cross bred?

I wouldnt think they would cross breed but may make issues for eachother in a small tank. Especially when the leps are spawning. Both species would be competing for the open water swiming space and the lep males wouldnt take intrusions into their breeding teritory well. I am sure it has been done though.

No breeding yet as they have only been in there a few days.

• 1 month later...

tx for the update! I've been told to try a tri phos tube for my tank so good to hear your getting good results. My little guys are starting to color up now so hope to get a few shots once I change to better lighting.

:thumb colours on fish look much better,But would have liked some plants in with the rocks??

There are some A. barteri, nana and nana petite going in next week when i do the yearly trim :thumb

The spray bar is also being shortened and moced to the left hand side so its not so visable.

Ill re update piccies then.

Archived