IS this possible

LEG-IT

hi,

was wondering if this is possible,

as i am buying a new 2foot of howard soon,

i planning on keeping some fo the colony in their,

was wondering if i could place it under my tank, and since i want the same water conditions,

can i get two pipes suck them like the vaccums and place both in the tank so they suck water into the 2foot and the other sucks back the wahter into the 3 foot,

is this possible or will this be catastrophe?

i'll use some sunction caps to hold them in place,

so do i need a new filter and pump?

cheers

:thumbup: finally someone who thinks like me :lol4:

i would say that it would be messy the pipe coming out would have to be thinner and at a point were your top tank wont be left without water plus your bottom tank cant be full with a pump that pumps out the exact amount of water up that is comming down !

keep in mind if the water ever stops comming down your pump on the bottom will blow for it will have nothing to pump and overheat!

and because you will not be able to leave the down hose at the exact point of the over fill on the 2 foot for a wave or splash in the water can allow air in and stop the bottm suckion you will have a overfilling 2 footer or a blown motor for your pump

then again if you can contrap a pipping system with 2 motors in and out that are on taps then your answer is yes and i will take 2 if the price is right lol

i do hope this all made some sence :zipit:

:thumbup: finally someone who thinks like me :lol4:

i would say that it would be messy the pipe coming out would have to be thinner and at a point were your top tank wont be left without water plus your bottom tank cant be full with a pump that pumps out the exact amount of water up that is comming down !

keep in mind if the water ever stops comming down your pump on the bottom will blow for it will have nothing to pump and overheat!

and because you will not be able to leave the down hose at the exact point of the over fill on the 2 foot for a wave or splash in the water can allow air in and stop the bottm suckion you will have a overfilling 2 footer or a blown motor for your pump

then again if you can contrap a pipping system with 2 motors in and out that are on taps then your answer is yes and i will take 2 if the price is right lol

i do hope this all made some sence :zipit:

well thats my thought over :) , guess i'll use the heater n a filter

thanks for the advice foti

You could have the top one drain into the bottom using gravity and pump the water from the bottom one back into the top one...basically treat the bottom tank like a sump filter...easily done

Mike

You could have the top one drain into the bottom using gravity and pump the water from the bottom one back into the top one...basically treat the bottom tank like a sump filter...easily done

Mike

his top tank is not drilled! so it would require a pump to make sure it is gravity fed or he runs the risk of over flow if the dowm feed is too deep in top tank, if bottom pump is no ajusted or it stops ?

i would like him to give it a go and if it works thats exelant

i just thought you could have the overflow going down with a pump and use your canister filter to be the pump back up

ether way 2 much flow and imagem all the head aces from WC's and filter cleans !

but yes i know it would work but it will be messy!

Running both on vacuum will not work. both tanks need to be the same level for this to work.

You could use an overflow like they do for tanks that aren't drilled, or you could just not bother about it all together, the water conditions wont be that much different between the two tanks.

You will never match the flow between two pumps, plenty have tried, plenty have failed.

It wont work with out either a hole drilled or an overflow box!

Running both on vacuum will not work. both tanks need to be the same level for this to work.

You could use an overflow like they do for tanks that aren't drilled, or you could just not bother about it all together, the water conditions wont be that much different between the two tanks.

You will never match the flow between two pumps, plenty have tried, plenty have failed.

It wont work with out either a hole drilled or an overflow box!

Yep...what he said :)

Mike

its simple,,

use a piped over flo on suction in to the bottom tank then run a power head and on the hose run a tap style ball valve,

i then can control the amount of water returning to the top tank and set it right to get the flo.

simple done it plenty of times successfullly

Hi there everyone, wouldnt a simple way be to buy two identicle powerheads, and run a pipe on each on their outlets.

One in the top tank, with its pipe extracting to the bottom tank.

and the other in the bottom tank, pumping water through its outlet to the top tank

???????????????????????

Makes sense to me, but im always willing to be wrong.!!

ps. great forum by the way!!

That wont work either as you haven't allowed for the fact that one is pumping up and you need to factor in head height.

what if i just used a pump, and put 2 pipes and let gravity do the rest, or am i better off just using sperate heaters and filters? i use rain water from the water tanks outside

Archived