EASIEST WAY TO CATCH FISH

LEG-IT

hi,

just wondering what is you easiest way to catch a fish,

i get two nets and chase them into the bigger one,

now how do you catch them easily in a bucket?

i spent 20 mins trying to catch a bn (2cm) in a bucket,

evantually i poured the water into another bucket with a net at the top collecting the bn

well thats my way

hi,

just wondering what is you easiest way to catch a fish,

i get two nets and chase them into the bigger one,

nut how do you catch them easily in a bucket?

i spent 20 mins trying to catch a bn (2cm) in a bucket,

evantually i poured the water into another bucket with a net at the top collecting the bn

well thats my way

With BN in a bucket

I just put my hand in the bucket and pull it out.

With a tank I do what you do. :thumbup:

Once you catch fish on a regular basis you learn to read the fish and what direction they will go roughly. It sounds funny to say it but it is a fine art that is acquired and when catching particularly fast fish it all comes down to quick wrist flicks and the like.

If you don't catch fish regularly the easiest way to do it is by using two nets. In smaller tanks two 6" nets or for larger fish/tanks a 6" and a 8" and just chase the fish into one net. DON'T move the nets fast, slow movements are better as the fish are not as weary of a slower advancing object.

As for catching small bristlenose in a bucket. Use a small 3-4" net and scoop fast along the bottom edge of the bucket to make a whirlpool current (Not very strong though!) and then quickly go the opposite direction. I can catch 100+ 3cm bristlenose using this method and count them in under 10mins.

As mcloughlin2 said, as you get used to your fish you'll understand how/where they move and be able to anticipate it much better.

Even our different African Cichlids have different behaviours when trying to catch them, and only by lots of trial and error have we started to learn the best way(s) to catch them.

as good as craigs suggestions is i somewhat doubt the merits of dynamite if used indoors as there is the possibility of the odd side effect. having said that though I have seen fantastic results myself in both rivers and dams in the country using explosives (the benefits of relatives in the mining industy, too much time on their hands and "excess" work explosives)

one way that is particularly good to get fish in your tank is do it at night. turn the lights out, leave it an hour, come back in and turn just the room lights on (not the tank). usually there is more than enough light for you to see, but not so much that the fish will spook. i have used this often to get fish that are difficult to catch in heavily decorated tanks.

as for fish in a bucket, i am with citypainter, just use your hand.

I get a second bucket, put a big net over it, pour first buckets contents gently through the net into the second bucket.

i do the exact same things with my bn's in the bucket

Archived