Fossorochromis Rostratus

chooktech

hope you have a big buM tank. i have had these guys, and they are fantastic fish. however mine grew very fast. they get to 40cm without a problem and are fast moving and sometimes flighty fish. i got rid of my colony due to them just going beserk every time i tried to catch a fish with a mouthful, there were just so damn big!

They fantastic fish.

The males are bright strong and as Gav says HUGE.

You will need a big tank.

The males can be super aggressive to each other.

At feeding times your water will boil.

Enjoy.

Gav's on the ball, big fish, the males look fantastic once they color up.... you'll want two males so your dominant shows off his colors...

You' ll need a 350+ ltr tank if you want them to breed... with a descent amount of sand, females will stick together and need some large pots to hide in.

Experienced females can easily hold 70-100+ fry, they grow reasonably fast if you've got the space.

one of my favorites as I like the bigger Haps...

hope you have a big buM tank. i have had these guys, and they are fantastic fish. however mine grew very fast. they get to 40cm without a problem and are fast moving and sometimes flighty fish. i got rid of my colony due to them just going beserk every time i tried to catch a fish with a mouthful, there were just so damn big!

thanks Gav will keep your advise in mind

Archived