Guess that fish

cpfc

If you strip her do after 2 weeks when they are head and tail on yolk sac

no need to tumble just float in a fry saver - NOT a guppy breeder net :no:

until the egg sac is absorbed then feed on crushed flake, ground pellets, BBS

Chris

I have my Afra fry and mum in a 53 litre tub with a 100 watt heater and a sponge filter. I feed vege flakes and the odd pellet. There is also a piece of rock from the main tank for security and a supply of algae. I also changed a pipe in the main tank which was full of algae. One of the fry lives in the pipe. A bit of a nightmare getting the filter started which knocked off two fry but I have learned from that one and will have mature sponges on hand at all times from now on.

With the guppy net is it because the adults suck out the fry?

Soon the Afra mum will go back all fattened up and ready for more action. I may have to go to LFS to ensure I strip correctly. Sounds dodgy already. I will put the fry in the tub and mum straight back. Then to decide what to do with the fry.

If you strip her do after 2 weeks when they are head and tail on yolk sac

no need to tumble just float in a fry saver - NOT a guppy breeder net :no:

until the egg sac is absorbed then feed on crushed flake, ground pellets, BBS

Chris

Adult fish can easily suck out and kill the fry through the soft netting....best to use a hard plastic container as a fry saver. Add an air stone to bubble away and turn the water over in the fry saver and you're good to go.

I'm sure others will say the same. Everytime I clean a filter I find live fry in them if I have allowed a girl to spit in the tank. :lol3:

I'm with the others on the guppy nets. Had an Afra Cob male that basically ripped a hole in one.

I really like those fry savers that are sometimes advertised on here. I have 2 of those.

Don't know if it's appropriate for me to say who they are from on here??

Matthew's fry savers are excellent, but you can just as easily make one yourself, you've got a few weekends to knock one up...

Best of luck...

• 3 weeks later...

She was looking a bit rough so I managed to catch her. She spat over 20 fry in the process. Lets hope I can keep em alive. When they are quick enough they will go in with the two afra fry.

As you can see I have two Pseudotropheous Acei Msuli Point. There is a larger darker one (I have labelled Acei 1) and a smaller one (Acei 2)

Can anyone sex these?

Acei 1 on top Acei 2 below

IPB Image

Acei 1 I believe

IPB Image

Acei 1 I believe

IPB Image

IPB Image

Acei 1 on top Acei 2 below

IPB Image

Acei 2

IPB Image

Acei 2 In focus

IPB Image

Acei 2

IPB Image

1 followed by 2

IPB Image

IPB Image

Acei 2

IPB Image

BTW shameless repost in case it was missed in other thread.

Archived