Peppermint eggs outside the cave?

Spyder

Hi all, just noticed a big bunch of eggs sitting outside the cave in my pepp tank. This is the first time i've seeen any breeding activity, i think they were too small beffore now. So is it normal for the eggs to be outside the cave like that?? I'm thinknig no!!! Should i try put them back in the cave or are they just no good now??

any help is appreciated thanks!!!

hi mate

i have had same things happen to me sometimes they throw out the bad eggs and i have had big clusters outside the cave.... i have put in a egg tumbler and successfully grown the fry up..

i am no expert there will be people to give you better advice that breed bristle nose..

Yeah thanks...i didn't have an egg tumbler...and after touring the local fish shops and receiving dumbfounded looks when i asked whether they had one, i decided to make one. So i now have a makeshift egg tumbler which seems to be doing ok. I hope the eggs were fertilised, they do look amber in colour so i hope so...will just have to wait and see!

this will happen when females compete to spawn with the same male

just luck of the draw if the spawn size is doubled or the earlier eggs get ejected

tea strainer and an airstone will do the job to create flow past the eggs and this

can be set up in a container with holes drilled or punched for water flow and suspended

in the breeding tank

so long as the eggs don't go white your OK

Chris

cool, now i've noticed the vast majority of eggs are amber, and appear to be developing. But there are a a few white ones, not many, but a few. They are clearly no good with some fluffy fungus-like growth developing. Do i need to try and remove these?, or will the other eggs tolerate their presence?

thnx,

Ben.

cool, now i've noticed the vast majority of eggs are amber, and appear to be developing. But there are a a few white ones, not many, but a few. They are clearly no good with some fluffy fungus-like growth developing. Do i need to try and remove these?, or will the other eggs tolerate their presence?

thnx,

Ben.

Carefully remove the fungused eggs or the fungus will spread to the good ones.

thnx,

Ben.

Carefully remove the fungused eggs or the fungus will spread to the good ones.

thanks, ok well i've done that... but it really was easier said than done!!! noticed one was starting to swim around as well so looks promising i think :)

Archived