Alto comps dying

shannon07

hey just wondering what i should do. i bought 10 fry (1.5cm). my comps are starting to drop off. i have 4 really good looking ones who eat regularly, 1 who eats on and off and 1 who just doesnt eat. the other 4 i have lost as they chose not to eat either. they are getting really skinny. they are just shrivelling away and dying. is there anything i can do???

im sorry to hear about your fish

are they on there own yet still not eating or they with other bigger fish ?

plus have you checked condition's of the water?

plus the only thing else i can think of is have you done a big water change before they died? more than

50-60%?

dont use med's if you dont know what is the problem

they are by themselves. i am feeding them NLS grow and will pick up some BBS tomorrow. and i havent done a big water change. the tank is standard 2 footer and i have a 1500l/H filter on it, and 3x200L/hour hang on filters

Shannon at 1.5 cm you must have bought them from the breeder as they are too small for

any LFS to sell (IMO too small to be sold even by a breeder)

What were they being feed by the person you bought them from ?

It sounds like they are just starving but water conditions are still fairly critical at this size

I'm guessing they have spent all their energy trying to keep out of the filter current IMO

at this size they should still be in a baby saver so they don't have to waste energy looking

for food if you don't have smaller fry tanks

Get some BBS or micro worms into them and move them into a smaller tank or baby saver

Chris

kk will do that in the morning. thanks for the help. i know all the filters sound like heaps of current but i have the pipes on them (with the holes) (forget what they r called). they can sit still on the substrate or middle of the tank easily. i will do as u suggested and remove some filters and move to a maller tank. Thanks all

Archived