Green Terrors Nice Surprise

fullychichlid

Hi

Well this is my new fish tank and after much consideration I finally moved my male green terror from my Mbuna Tank into the new 5ft. He was lonely so two weeks ago I went in search for a girlfriend for him. I found one for him put her in the tank and observed them for a few hours. Male GT started to show off and dance. I went to Veitnam for twelve days and had my friend feed the fish. I returned two days ago and both GTs were fine and healthy. I did a water change and then decided to move some rocks. I had my hand in the tank and Mrs GT had a chomp on my finger. I looked closer to see they had paired up and bred with two weeks.

I am so happy Mr GT has a girlfriend and now babies.

You can see the wrigglers on the flat rock on the left

IPB Image

Hi Guys

An update.. About two days later all my wrigglers were gone. I was a bit upset and I did see the mum GT putting them in her mouth. I really studdied my tank and could see no sign of them. I started to kick myself and should have moved them, however have bred convicts before and they were fantastic parents.

I know that if sometimes SA chichlids feel threatened they may eat their young and I thought that when I had my hands in the tank this could have made them eat them.

The other morning going to do the normal waterchanges on all my tanks, there they were hundreds of them swimming around near my heater. They must have been hiding in the gravel. They are going good feeding them brine shrimp, netted all my filters so the little GTs wont get sucked up.

Here is a pic of them best seen infront of the ligt brown rock. Mum and Dad GT posed for the camera too.

IPB Image

Archived