Placidochromis sp. ''Phenochilus Tanzania''

intern1

Just wana know some more info on these fish so if anyone wants to post some of there experiences, growth rates, brood size, ect

regards,

John

HI John

phenochilus tanzania are a good looking fish they once were as popular as a frontosa ,there growth rate is very very slow

It takes about 2yrs+ for them to reach breeding age, 3.5 - 4yrs for them to colour up properly, I'd say your looking at about 10cm (5") growth in two years, they grow to about 25cm (10").

It takes about 2yrs+ for them to reach breeding age, 3.5 - 4yrs for them to colour up properly, I'd say your looking at about 10cm (5") growth in two years, they grow to about 25cm (10").

Not true, my males coloured up at around 1 year.I still have 1 left that's about 2 years old and he has full spangle pattern.

From my personal research, most people say that the spangle pattern will continue to develop and it takes around 4yrs for the pattern to be complete.

From the images I have seen they look fantastic around 2yrs but the spangle pattern won't cover their whole body till around 4yrs.

It's pretty awesome if your fish already has complete spangle pattern after only 2yrs. Can only imagine how good it will look in another two years.

Do you have any pic's?

From my personal research, most people say that the spangle pattern will continue to develop and it takes around 4yrs for the pattern to be complete.

From the images I have seen they look fantastic around 2yrs but the spangle pattern won't cover their whole body till around 4yrs.

It's pretty awesome if your fish already has complete spangle pattern after only 2yrs. Can only imagine how good it will look in another two years.

Do you have any pic's?

I don't but i can take one.I'll do it tomorrow and i can send it to your email,just send me a PM i don't how to upload pics here.

They are a very placid species and a true representation

of the genus Placidichromis

We found with the original import that they started to get

the mosaic pattern at about 12 months and this increased

and changed with age

All in all a very appealing species and one I highly recommend

Chris

Do you have any pic's?

I don't but i can take one.I'll do it tomorrow and i can send it to your email,just send me a PM i don't how to upload pics here.

Here is a photo of Jason's magnificent looking Placidochromis sp. ''Phenochilus Tanzania'' with dominant spangle pattern after just two years. A beautiful fish that I have had the pleasure of seeing first hand.

IPB Image

Do you have any pic's?

Here is a photo of Jason's magnificent looking Placidochromis sp. ''Phenochilus Tanzania'' with dominant spangle pattern after just two years. A beautiful fish that I have had the pleasure of seeing first hand.

IPB Image

hey is jason on ACE if not can you ask him if he would like me to give him a large female so he can try and breed them or if he would like to sell his male to me ?

thanhs

Jason is JPM1976, part of this thread, sure he would be interested.

Archived