Twin custom tank build.

mrgreen

Though I would share a few pic's of my tanks , designed on the plans before i built my house.

plan was to have two "living pictures" hanging from my wall separating my dining/living room from my games room.

two bare tanks installed on purpose built wall and return

IPB Image

850L future home of some lucky Tanganyikans

IPB Image

because the tanks have to be see through with no visable accessories i hand built the "side grounds"

IPB Image

850L up and running

IPB Image

love the dodgy lighting

IPB Image

cornice cut away and frame fitted

IPB Image

frame fitted and centre supports added

IPB Image

moisture resistant board screwed in place and cornice cut and bogged in

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

is starting to take shape

IPB Image

getting closer to the picture in my head.

IPB Image

took some more pic's after a day of sanding and getting the first coat of paint on.

btw tanks are getting close to 12 months old.

IPB Image

tank inhabitants - 9 x B.tricoti , 10 x E.sp "kilesa" 8 x C.foae "magara" 2 x A.calvus "black" 6 x S.multipunctatus 6 x peppermint bnose ( once out of quarantine 3 x L.melagris )

IPB Image

tank inhabitants - 7 x A.compressiceips "fire fin" 7 x L.ornatipinnis 2 x peppermint bnose

IPB Image

Cheers

Steve Green

Wow, very nice, I know that our house renovations are going to involve something similar to this, really nice to see the progress shots of the whole thing coming together, especially fitting the frame's.

The 850 really is awesome, wouldn't mind seeing a few more shots of the side grounds.

Mate you don't need a games room, what you want is a fish room and to get those Tanganyikans breeding.

Job well done.

thanks for the comments guys , the next step is to paint the walls ( got the week of work to start painting my house ) , then it's make the picture frames to hide glass joins , foam , ply and so no light escapes.

I've just bought 3 x 150W metal halides and 3 x 20,000 K globes , so once paint is done i'll fit them , then its the cabinetry on the games room side.

As for having a fish room , no friggin way :p , ive had 25 tanks before and i prefer riding my Harley on weekend's not doing water changes and catching holding girls lol.

As for breeding , things are going well , have 16 E.sp "kilesa" in a floaty at the moment and even my big male B.tricoti is acting a little strange near my flat rock. C.foae are very close also.

thanks again guy's will keep you posted.

Cheers

Steve Green

As for having a fish room , no friggin way :p , ive had 25 tanks before and i prefer riding my Harley on weekend's not doing water changes and catching holding girls lol.

:thumb

Have no Harley so still doing the water changes myself :yes:

Nice job.

• 1 month later...

Archived