HYBRID PICS- SHOW AND TELL

eckies

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any cool hybrid pics esspecially american hybrid pics :B ???

i relise it might be against the seriouse fish keeper to encourage the cross breeding of "pure" blood fishys but they can result in some wickd and not so wicked looking fish....... :thumbup:

Nice find ......... Japanese site with very healthy fish

the only hybrid cichlids are the Trimac x Blood Parrots

and the marble Peacocks by the look of things

the Balloon Convicts and Texas are just wrong to me

biggest range of Cichla and Crenacichla I have ever seen

Just got back from a trip to Shanghai

Visted a few shops in Jiang Yin Rd

With fish....it seems they have to be hybridised,colour feed,dyed,painted,shortened,genetically modified or have amputated fins???

Lots of "Red" fish...even saw red dyed frogs!!!

Saw a 4 foot tank in a restaurant with a hundred fully grown Red parrot cichlids with their tails amputated....seemed healthy enough....but they probably replace the dead ones daily?

Not my "cup of tea" but the obvious commercial reality in Asia

Didn't take any images....only makes me sick!

Just got back from a trip to Shanghai

Visted a few shops in Jiang Yin Rd

With fish....it seems they have to be hybridised,colour feed,dyed,painted,shortened,genetically modified or have amputated fins???

Lots of "Red" fish...even saw red dyed frogs!!!

Saw a 4 foot tank in a restaurant with a hundred fully grown Red parrot cichlids with their tails amputated....seemed healthy enough....but they probably replace the dead ones daily?

Not my "cup of tea" but the obvious commercial reality in Asia

Didn't take any images....only makes me sick!

Also why would u amputate there fins isnt that what contributes to a nice fish....

Oh and just to add the colour red in the asian world is considerd lucky... also if fish lay eggs in the tank its considerd lucky.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I don't understand is how Confucian methodology, which is partly a worship of nature, and which largely influenced Chinese history and modern culture and yet we know that hybrids are definitely unnatural. To broadly say that the Chinese consider this or that lucky seems to be highly presumptious and I'm not saying that it's you, but people in general seem to be using that phrase a fair bit. I think it's a bit of a propagandist drive by some un-scrupulous (albeit clever marketing) people and it seems to be working.

I think Confucius (if you really believe in him) would think that all this perversion of nature would undoubtly bring deformities and illness onto the keeper's children, so I'd touch wood and trod lightly - not that I'm supersititous.

Archived