Coral Sand vs Sand

GundamCichlid

Hello,

I need advise on the substrate.

In my understanding, sand is not build up nitrate as all the fish waste is ontop of the sand and can not go through the sand. so we can vacum the waste while doing water change.

I am just wondering if we use 2mm coral sand with >5cm thick/depth.

Is it true that with this size of coral sand, the fish waste can not go through? so no need to vacum the coral sand.

Anyone use this size of coral sand and can share the experience?

Thanks

Renz

It doesn't matter if it's silica, coral or limestone sand, the characteristic of note is the size. If a particular size will not or will let particulate matter through, what it is made of is irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if it's silica, coral or limestone sand, the characteristic of note is the size. If a particular size will not or will let particulate matter through, what it is made of is irrelevant.

So what are you saying about the size ??? :dntknw:

More precise ....

He's saying that 2mm sand - if it made from coral or silica or anything else - will behave exactly the same according to what you have outlined.

Where coral sand will be different from silica sand (and others) is that coral sand will buffer your PH making it ideal for African Cichlids and other fish that like higher PH.

He's saying that 2mm sand - if it made from coral or silica or anything else - will behave exactly the same according to what you have outlined.

Where coral sand will be different from silica sand (and others) is that coral sand will buffer your PH making it ideal for African Cichlids and other fish that like higher PH.

What he said :hug:

Archived