how would you reply to this

show

a young member of this board sent me this after i helped him out with some nice fish ( that he now wants to get rid of , so really no good me helping him ) hi there,

"i am just telling you that the fish you gave me is not a red rubin.

i have checked with my red rubins and they do not look even close to

what mine look like."

now these fish where of german imports and came from a very good breeder , so i can only say that your fish are cross or eureka's

troy your imput here would be nice ,

cheers

joe

I agree, the best action for you right now might be to organise a pic for the experts here to look at.

I am sure there are a few here who could identify a hybrid fish wink.gif

Guest Panga

those fish your talking about were purchased from a breeder in Heatherbrae ( north of newcastle )....

and one of them was the one that you bought down and gave me

Cheers Troy

hmmmz... nice arguement...

i was at daniels place yesterday, saw the fish myself, to my opinion it doesnt look like a red ruben, how ever i am not sure as i have never seen a red ruben that is dat dark in varient before, but as i said i might be wrong.

hope this doesnt stir anything up.

best thing i'd say to do now is take the advise from the other people who have posted earlier and yeh... let the people with experience tell ya if the fish is a red ruben. it may just be a misunderstanding and you guys will get something sorted out.

Definately try to get a picture up. If you dont have a digicam, ask someone nearby who has one to borrow it or take the pic for you.

The difference in colour could be caused by anything from diet, dominance (or lack of) to what colour substrate your using...

Daniel.

You asked me about this in chat last night, and I suggested that you should be taking this up with the person who sold you the fish.

I also asked you to get a picture of the fish if you really were concerned about it's pureness. Why are you still posting about it when there is no pic???

Everybody else, perhaps we could all be patient adults here and wait until we have some pics to compare before we start taking sides? wink.gif

Topic closed until someone gets pics to suggest the fish is not what it should be.

Archived