fire fin comps !

fin350

• 2 weeks later...

I tried micro worms and found that it was a lot of hassle, they smell, you get so little feed from all the work and although the fish ate them without a problem I was always worried that I may be contaminating my water.

I personally think BBS are a much better alternative.

IMHO, microworms can be a good food. The cultures last for ages, and are 'always ready to go', whereas you have to hatch bbs and use them soon after.

There is the smell problem :) Sometimes if you use rice flour, that can help reduce the smell. Regards not getting much out of them, might larger cultures help? Some people use 2l ice cream containers. Just some thoughts.

Nice fins anyhow! :-)

thanx for all the info guys ...... ive got another female that looks like shes about to burst ..... same male :)

am i best off keeping all 10 in the colony so to speak or try and pull out extra males ????

cheers

Peter

I have seen some large colonies and they look sooo good.

I would keep the lot. They only get better (particularly the males) and you never know if you may have one or two die in the future.

thanx for all the info guys ...... ive got another female that looks like shes about to burst ..... same male :)

am i best off keeping all 10 in the colony so to speak or try and pull out extra males ????

cheers

Peter

Great work with the fire fin fry!

I would reduce the colony and sell them to me? :lol5::lol1:

Archived