SA set up pics?

RonnyM

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I've been searching through the pics and seen some awesome fish and tanks.

Anyways, I'm calling on all the geo/south american fish keepers here for some pics of their setups for some inspiration for my new 9x2x2 which will have geos and a few catties.

My aim is to make it look as natural as possible.

Anyways, here's a couple of pics of some of the fish that will be going in there...

Not the best pics but will take some better ones once the new tanks set up.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is what the tank looks like now, minus a few bits of wood and less tanin lol.

This one's in the garage so it's not a display tank...

IPB Image

So yeah, some pics for some inspiration would be much appreciated :thumbup:

Cheers

RonnyM

I too am looking for inspiration and I quite like yours. About the only thing I could think to add would maybe be some rounded river rocks/pebbles. Less tannin would be good for viewing and you already reduced that :-)

Thanks, I do like the look of this tank, but it just doesn't feel right, and it won't be the same in a 9x2.

So I'm thinking of starting from scratch...

This shows the fish in less tanin :D

The tank's a lil over stocked at the moment, hence the tank upgrade :p

Thanks, these days, I dont see them much, only during feeding but it's cos I took a heap of the wood out.

I found, if you give them more hiding places, they feel more secure and come out more. (go figure lol)

When I had the extra wood in there, they would swim out in the open during the day like tetras lol.

• 3 weeks later...

nice set up mate, its great to see someone doing the right thing and resist the temptation to put submerged plants in - now thats natural! how about some diamond tetras, they would look great in a school... or if you lose some coverglass panes, you can put in some floating plants, but nevertheless the tank looks sweet.

Thanks T,

I'm actually on the look out for some floating plants :D

I was thinking of diamond tetras, bt I couldn't find place with a good number of them so I ended up going the rosy tetra.

In pet stores they look pretty average but in a tank with the right water, they're stunners.

Thanks T,

I'm actually on the look out for some floating plants :D

I was thinking of diamond tetras, but I couldn't find a place with a good number of them so I ended up going the rosy tetra.

In pet stores they look pretty average but in a tank with the right water, they're stunners.

Thanks for your comments guys :)

I see what you're saying Craig I actually thought that at first as well, but when I took them out, the tank looked too empty.

But that's the only way they fit in the tank lol.

But I'm still happy with the look :)

Pat, these fish were once labelled AripuanaI, then labelled Abalios but is now recognised as Columbian/Venezuelan.

The others are Brachybranchus.

Marlift, I'm glad my tank and fish has helped you see the beauty in geos :)

EDIT: PS, the internal filter is only temporary, I'll be upgrading the canisters soon, so the powerhead can go and the hardware will be made less visibe as well.

Cheers Matt, I've seen some of your collection, some awesome eartheaters you got there.

Here's a couple of better pics of the C/Z

IPB Image

IPB Image

Theres some better footage of them in one of my other videos :D

Archived