My new family member

AzFish

Haven't kept an Alexandrine yet but our little guy Gonzo is an Eclectus... Could call them the Alexandrine's big brother...

This is him going nuts in the shower... His flight feathers are a little short 'cause we had to chop 'em. He took off for three days when we moved house, lucky to get him back actually...

IPB Image

Eccies are great looking birds!! I could of got a pair at the time i was looking for an alex or IR but the price really threw me off, considering all I have ever kept before was budgies and finches :)

Thanks Bruce, Minty is so far making an exceptional pet, cant really get the trophs out to watch TV or play ball with thats for sure! Minty almost sounded like he/she was talking yesterday, sort of a mumbled Hello!

They're great when they first start learning how to talk, but watch it... In a few months time you will have to watch what you're saying around him...

Gonzo has already picked up a few...umm...undesirable words that we've only heard mentioned around him once or twice... And then the ones you want him to learn he never says... Little b@stard !! <_<

I kept alexs' for around 5 years before. Hand raised a couple. turned out to be a male and female. used to fight for my attention and always wanted to be with me. Male used to talk a lot and do tricks. female limited to saying hello, and hello pretty girl (her name).. rest she made were noises and random gibberish that shed make up.

Certainly a whole heap of fun!!

Some pics...

Looks like he is smiling!

IPB Image

naaanaaanaaaa

IPB Image

Archived