How was the American show?

Teamsherman

Alan -

The fish and the show were good - there was 65 ish tanks there and quite a few ppl, particularly early on.

I dont have any photos but other members Link and Griffin do! Hopefully they'll post some for us smile.gif.

The show was very quiet when I went there in the afternoon. It was a good chance to have a look at all the americans that people talk about. biggrin.gif

Luckily I didn't take along the convicts that you told me to bring wink.gif I had a feeling you wouldn't turn up. biggrin.gif

I must say the show was a credit to all the organisers, and the speciemens on display were awesome and a credit to the owners.

I felt that it was an outstanding opportunity to push and educate about americans .

But the one thing that kept slapping me in the face was the lack of information about the fish that i didnt know about. As all bar two 3fter's of mine are african. Maybe for the next show we as a club could compile a photocopied booklet in much the same size and format as our cichlid circular and charge at cost plus a couple of bucks tacted on for the club.

As members and breeders of these fish we need to support the organisers and bring our fish along. And if we are worried about our breeders getting ill or heaven forbid dying we need to keep and grow their fry up as show speciemens and leave our breeders in our tanks at home.

All in all though the show was fantastic and i would like to put my hand up to help organise the next one.

Memphis

All the prizes were won, so yes someone got the pumps, filters, dvd's, food, and the plethora of other prizes on offer.

There was a good display of Americans there, a shame that more people didnt attend as it was a good chance to see some beautiful fish, especially some of the rarer ones - there were a few there I hadnt actually seen before.

On Memphis Tank's post, maybe next time we could make little index cards about what category the fish fell into (south, central, dwarf, earth eater), max size, temperement (ok that can be dicey), location, breeding type and so forth.

all in all it was a good day and run well by the organisers thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

and the grand champion king.gif was a stunning specimen - the fish not the man laugh.gif

I think Link2hell won the ehiem Ben. There was a mass of prizes and Aquatic Wholesalers donated a box of small tins of food to give out to everyone that didn't win anything. I got one biggrin.gif

Perhaps our El Presidente could post all the winners here. When I get the images and results I will put them on the NSWCS website.

Archived