There are stupid questions - here's one!

Lee Miller

Hi all,

I created a 'sexy' new signature using 'Flamingtext' with a URL and everything, I can see it fine on all my posts on my computer at home but I can only see a box with "User Posted Image" in it on this work computer.

What can you guys see?

Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Oops, that's two stupid questions! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Lee.

'http://66.28.32.122/netfu/tmp10020/coollogo_com_2930223.gif'

You cant link to the flaming text site directly. See the TMP10020 part of the URL this probably means that it dynamically builds the graphic temporarily so you can copy the image somewhere else. It doesnt "keep" the image anywhere.

You need to copy that image somewhere and put it on a dedicated web host. THEN you link to it.

The reason you can see it at home because it has copied the coollogo_com_2930223.gif to your temporary internet files so you dont have to fetch it from the website repeatitivly. This is called CACHE. That graphic doesnt exist anywhere but on your local computer at home.

hey lee like i said before either send it to cichlid serial to host it for you.....

and if u wanna post an animated sig check the bandwidth b4 posting it..... and you can do this by saving the animation in flamingtext.... and then upload it to a host and then link it :8

it as easy as blowing a balloon :) :)

just try it mate... it should work for you....

good luck

:^:

Archived