Stocking ideas

dravyn

Hi all,

I have a 4x2x2 that used to be a marine tank (till a plumbing disaster drained everything onto the floor). I want to bring it to life again as a cichlid tank. I really love the L.caeruleus (E.Yellow). I would love to have 6 or so of them in the tank.

My question is if you could have the same sized tank with a small colony of E.Yellows what else would you put in the tank with them?

Cheers :thumbup:

Pseudotropheus Acei looks really good with Electric Yellows.

Cheers

Phil

They do look good! I also like the Pseudotropheus demasoni. So my wishlist is;

Pseudotropheus demasoni

Pseudotropheus sp. "acei"

Labidochromis caeruleus

Now to stocking numbers. I will start with having 1 x 2 foot sump however I can add a second 2 foot sump to the system easily (as it's an ex reef tank I have 2 weirs). With that level of filtration in mind what numbers could I stock the tank with?

They do look good! I also like the Pseudotropheus demasoni. So my wishlist is;

Pseudotropheus demasoni

Pseudotropheus sp. "acei"

Labidochromis caeruleus

Now to stocking numbers. I will start with having 1 x 2 foot sump however I can add a second 2 foot sump to the system easily (as it's an ex reef tank I have 2 weirs). With that level of filtration in mind what numbers could I stock the tank with?

I was going to do that same combo before i sold my 4x2x2... as for numbers I'd go with 10 yellows, 15-20 demasoni and about 6 acei.

Should look real nice!

Cheers

Damo

I was going to do that same combo before i sold my 4x2x2... as for numbers I'd go with 10 yellows, 15-20 demasoni and about 6 acei.

Should look real nice!

Cheers

Damo

Thanks for the reply! I'll go back to my lfs to track down these fish (although it shouldn't be that hard).

Just need to fix up the system and get it ready to start cycling......

Thanks for the reply! I'll go back to my lfs to track down these fish (although it shouldn't be that hard).

Just need to fix up the system and get it ready to start cycling......

If you can't get them through your LFS try the classifieds section on here. They're all pretty common species so theres bound to be someone on here breeding them.

Archived