St Marys Oceanarium

m0oks

Who here has brought tanks from Oceanarium?

Do the owners build their tanks like St.George or do they get it off a supplier?

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Who here has brought tanks from Oceanarium?

Do the owners build their tanks like St.George or do they get it off a supplier?

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

they get them from a supplier,

example 4ft STAND and hood $270

then u go to mahendra at ms aquariums

4ft Cabinet and hood $300

ive asked oceanarium how much to get it with a cabinet - they want $450

ms aquariums make all tanks / cabinets / hoods in house

the prices only seem cheap at oceanarium , but your when you compare apples to apples there not that cheap

i realised this after i done abit of reasearch

yep cheap prices i just got my 6 footer from him, some shops buy it from him and re sell it, wouldnt be surpicsed if st marys did too, i once heard a lady say to a customor at revsbey fish shop she gets her tanks from mahendra anways hes in moorebank and thats his ebay ID

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/6X2X2-FISH-TANK-COM...1QQcmdZViewItem

yep cheap prices i just got my 6 footer from him, some shops buy it from him and re sell it, wouldnt be surpicsed if st marys did too, i once heard a lady say to a customor at revsbey fish shop she gets her tanks from mahendra anways hes in moorebank and thats his ebay ID

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/6X2X2-FISH-TANK-COM...1QQcmdZViewItem

The link doesn't work bro. :dntknw:

Oceanarium will be buying from Mahendra soon if their not already.

I got a few quotes from Oceanarium a month or so ago EG: $450 for a 4ft stand & hood, told them I can get a 4ft cabinet & hood for $250. They said that was less then what they pay wholesale so we talked for a bit & I passed over Mahendra's details so they could start buying from MS.

In return I got a good deal on a 6x2x2, cab & hood from Mahendra.

for some reason ace wont let me link it anways type this on ebay and youll see a 6 footer for 1350 thats him

just type that below on ebay

6X2X2 FISH TANK COMPLETE SET UP CABINET & HOOD

Those tanks at Moorebank are cheap as chips,though you can be sure if they are cheap it must not be the best quality.I'd rather pay a little more & get my tank/tanks made @ St George or the likes,at least you know they are quality & have a 30+ year reputation they wish to uphold.Would you risk lots of $$$ worth of your beloved fish to save a few bucks on a tank?But hey thats just imo :thumbup: .

Oceanarium will be buying from Mahendra soon if their not already.

I got a few quotes from Oceanarium a month or so ago EG: $450 for a 4ft stand & hood, told them I can get a 4ft cabinet & hood for $250. They said that was less then what they pay wholesale so we talked for a bit & I passed over Mahendra's details so they could start buying from MS.

In return I got a good deal on a 6x2x2, cab & hood from Mahendra.

i had the same convo with him

as he told me he will beat any ones price's , as he didnt like being beaten on prices

i told him mahendra's prices and his jaw dropped , and i said to him "are you gunna beat that price"

he said he simply couldnt.

but as said before apples for apples you can compare a tank setup with a stand to one with a cabinet

i dont know about you's but i have young children, having a canister sitting on a stand wide open is asking for serious damage to occur ;)

cabinets FTW

for some reason ace wont let me link it anways type this on ebay and youll see a 6 footer for 1350 thats him

Those tanks at Moorebank are cheap as chips,though you can be sure if they are cheap it must not be the best quality.I'd rather pay a little more & get my tank/tanks made @ St George or the likes,at least you know they are quality & have a 30+ year reputation they wish to uphold.Would you risk lots of $$$ worth of your beloved fish to save a few bucks on a tank?But hey thats just imo :thumbup: .

Yes true sometimes cheap isnt the best quality, i was also worried about it when i saw the prices, went down had a look and to my eyes looked excellent quality tank better quality then other shops or the same, ive had the tank for 2 weeks and im very happy with it, just the sumps is a bit noisy like all sumps, anyhow im confident it will last me for a long time as some shops buy off him and im backed with a one year warranty, its like aqua nova and aqua one , aqua one costs alot more, more then double and, i had both tanks the aqua nova 4 footer lasted one year and a half for me and still going strong and the aqua one small tank started leaking around 1 year also, and i also read someone on this forum had there aqua one leaking on them after 2 years also, so somtimes cheaper is better, i know stgeorge make good quality tanks too but the prices to me are a bit steep ;) and im a cheap cheers

The tanks are solidly built and of good quality, but Mahendra uses the minimum glass thickness IMO (so does just about every other supplier though) where as my previous builder would use extra thick glass like 15mm instead of 12mm OR 10mm instead of 6mm etc.

The tanks are solidly built and of good quality, but Mahendra uses the minimum glass thickness IMO (so does just about every other supplier though) where as my previous builder would use extra thick glass like 15mm instead of 12mm OR 10mm instead of 6mm etc.

and another reason i baught off him was cos when i made a thread you recommended him also ;)

Now i wish i didnt buy off him my tank the water inside is about 1cm unlevel me and my mate got this eery feeling he built the tank wrong, now gotta get a spirtual leveer remove all the water and gravel and fish and carry this heavy buM tank down to a level ground to see if the problem is him i still have warranty but if it is him not going to be happy :angry:

Now i wish i didnt buy off him my tank the water inside is about 1cm unlevel me and my mate got this eery feeling he built the tank wrong, now gotta get a spirtual leveer remove all the water and gravel and fish and carry this heavy buM tank down to a level ground to see if the problem is him i still have warranty but if it is him not going to be happy :angry:

I think you will find you have the tank on unlevel ground and this is your problem.

But if it is infact a construction error get in contact with Mahendra. I am sure he will sort it out for you.

I think you will find you have the tank on unlevel ground and this is your problem.

But if it is infact a construction error get in contact with Mahendra. I am sure he will sort it out for you.

Yeah i hope so too its cos of my ground cos its going to be a lot of hassle if it is him

my tank from mahendra does the same the level of water is lower on the one side , its the cabinet . its not level

the cabinet even rocks on flat ground :(

oh smucks?so it is him :angry: did you contact him about this, cos he does have warranty, i think his kids make the cabinets thats prob why too

this is gonna be a pain now for me :cryblow:

my tank from mahendra does the same the level of water is lower on the one side , its the cabinet . its not level

the cabinet even rocks on flat ground :(

oh smucks? :angry: are you serious? :angry: did you contact him about this?

No , i fixed it my self.

i put it on flat ground , saw what was the problem and sanded down the base so it was dead flat. also my mates tank from mahendra wasn't level. it was the section where the tank sits on the cabinet it wasn't level, so i made that level also.

there is nothing more annoying than having the water level uneven. its a eye sore !

yes try running a sump and watching the water hit the lids all the time its even more annoying! and now whats even more annoying i have 30 fish a tonne of rock and about 40kg of gravel i have to take out!!! i really cant be botherd doing all this as it was so heavy moving the a 6 foot tank this is pretty bad im gonna call him tomrmorw and i think you should too and let him know so he stops letting his kids make the cabinets

Yes true sometimes cheap isnt the best quality, i was also worried about it when i saw the prices, went down had a look and to my eyes looked excellent quality tank better quality then other shops or the same, ive had the tank for 2 weeks and im very happy with it, just the sumps is a bit noisy like all sumps, anyhow im confident it will last me for a long time as some shops buy off him and im backed with a one year warranty, its like aqua nova and aqua one , aqua one costs alot more, more then double and, i had both tanks the aqua nova 4 footer lasted one year and a half for me and still going strong and the aqua one small tank started leaking around 1 year also, and i also read someone on this forum had there aqua one leaking on them after 2 years also, so somtimes cheaper is better, i know stgeorge make good quality tanks too but the prices to me are a bit steep ;) and im a cheap cheers

Ahh bet you wished you listened to the people who said its better to pay more and be assured of quality. :yes:

I see 'cheaps' make the same mistake as you did all the time. :lol3:

Honestly, I have been buying from Mahendra for years and never had a problem apart from a hood that had the corner routed badly, but that was quickly replaced with another. I am currently setting up a 6x2x2 from him and atm it is level on the floor although I havn't fitted a tank yet as I am still spraying the timber. Weird you guys are having probs.

I actually feel bad because you guys are having these issues after I recommended him. Well I would just like it to be known that I was only trying to help fellow keepers out with a cheap source. I don't have any association with Mahendra other than being a paying customer myself. There was nothing in it for me to recomend him, so I had no motive other than trying to hook you guys up. And for that I feel bad.

Honestly, I have been buying from Mahendra for years and never had a problem apart from a hood that had the corner routed badly, but that was quickly replaced with another. I am currently setting up a 6x2x2 from him and atm it is level on the floor although I havn't fitted a tank yet as I am still spraying the timber. Weird you guys are having probs.

I actually feel bad because you guys are having these issues after I recommended him. Well I would just like it to be known that I was only tryign to help fellow keepers out with a cheap source. I don't have any other association with Mahendra other than being a payign customer myself. So I had no motive other than trying to hook you guys up.

bro its understandable dont feel bad because you had a good expereince with him and others didnt yew were trying to help and help us save money i dont blame you no one does you were trying to help only ppl i do blame is him letting his kids do it,once again i will get the spirit level to double check but im pretty percent certain now it is him

Archived