My 6x2x2 from start to finish

rosco

Hi all,

Here are a couple of shots of my 6x2x2 display tank that will hold my Trophs by the end of the weekend.

When i first got the furniture

IPB Image

When I got the tank

IPB Image

With the universal background on ("the crevice")

IPB Image

The customised 32mm durso (I have lowered it bit from these photo's)

IPB Image

IPB Image

The sump (100(l)x450(h) x 400(W) with silencing baffle chamber, bio chamber and 2 matrix chambers filled with pond matrix. (the water level is a bit lower so 90-100% of the bio chamber is out of the water when running now)

IPB Image

With water in the tank

IPB Image

With a BIG thanks to Lousie and Daniel from Addicted 2 cichlids with the universal rocks\habitats in

IPB Image

another angle

IPB Image

I am going to put 2 rock piles at the front of the fake rock with round river stone to offset the universal rocks once the trophs settle down a little when they go in.

cheers

rosco

Thanks All (including Lee)

Is it true that Laurie Daley and Ricky Stuart were still playing for Canberra when you started this project?

and both Moses and you were a lad :lol3::lol4: . It has been worth the wait but I have copped more from the home front than anywhere else.

cheers

rosco

G'day Rosco,

and both Moses and you were a lad .

Yep, Moses and I were still just boys, but Waz had his first grey hairs and Craig was already losing his :8:hug::lol5:

And I've just noticed that, from your photos, the tank appears to have been in at least three different locations - it's had more movements than my bowels after a bad curry! :lol4:

G'day Rosco,

and both Moses and you were a lad .

Yep, Moses and I were still just boys, but Waz had his first grey hairs and Craig was already losing his :8:hug::lol5:

Yep that I was But hey atleast my birth certificate isnt made out of stone :lol3:

And I've just noticed that, from your photos, the tank appears to have been in at least three different locations - it's had more movements than my bowels after a bad curry! :lol4:

Still remember them Lee or is it called underware change now :shock:

Rosco

The tank looks great mate

Keep us posted with more photos when you get around to it

Cheers

Craig

thanks all I am really quite happy with the outcome. I just grabbed some river stones from a landscaper so I will clean them up and move the trophs in there. Thanks to Daniel and Lousie again for doing the leg work for me and getting them shipped down here. :thumbup:

You guys crack me up. I was waiting for uncy Waz to put a come back but his memory is failing and his zimmer frame is in for a service poor old fella :cryblow::lol3::lol4: .

Arj i will watch the koi sponge and dacron (they were just left over bit and a bit of experiment to see how it goes. I suspect that the dacron will be removed in favour of some more courser sponge or both removed completely I will see. I just want to make sure that the pond matrix doesn't clog up.

cheers

rosco

Congratulations rosco the wait was certainly worth it, it is an awesome looking show piece and something no doubt you should be proud of. :clap

What sort of numbers of Trophs are there?

One small observation, which made me laugh, in typical rosco fashion your glass needs a clean. :lol3:

Cheers

Ross

thanks Mate I am stoked with the final product. At the moment there are 19 F1 "Maswa" and 12 Chimps so 31. Currently they range in siz from 4-8cm ATM. I got my first ever troph (a young Maswa) mouthful yesterday so they must be settling in. I glad I didn't disappoint you with the dirty glass I aim to please :lol3::lol3:

cheers

rosco

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Lee,

I am really stoked the way it turned out. The sump is doing a great job with it keeping nitrates down really low and the trhphs are loving it. A couple oare even trying to breed in there for the first time. Aside from that it is pretty good aside from struggling with keeping the pH up in the water and the nitrates down given state of Canberra tap water ATM. How are all your fish going?

cheers

rosco

Very impressive Rosco. Now you can enjoy the fruits of your labour!

I use river rock exclusively for my Tanganyikan tanks, and I always wondered how they would look against a Universal Rock background, so thanks for doing all that just so I can see. :lol1:

You have got me thinking again about backgrounds for my 4x2x2, which I will set-up later in the year.

Cheers

Archived